Breaking Tradition for Six Generations—The Bundschu Company owns and operates Gundlach Bundschu Wine, Abbot’s Passage Supply Co, Echo Echo Wine and Huichica Music Festival in Sonoma Valley and beyond. Owned and managed by the Bundschu family for 160 years, the company has built a robust and storied wine industry legacy by continually looking forward and pushing boundaries on all sides. We are known for best in class wines, beautiful settings, dynamic customer experiences, and a spirit of fun and approachability. We strive to create a working environment that inspires personal and professional growth and a business that affords a meaningful and enriching lifestyle to all its participants. We are looking for hard working, smart thinking, motivated, innovative, and collaborative individuals who value our legacy and are ambitious enough to create one of their own.
Nature of Role & Responsibilities
The Event Sales Manager is responsible for developing and implementing a vigorous sales plan to increase event revenue with the intent to market & sell wine; sets high standards for unique and memorable event execution; maintains awareness in the local hospitality industry through outreach; works together with the hospitality team and leadership team to implement growth and strategic plans.
• Solicit, sell and execute revenue-generating events through proactive outreach and response to requests to achieve profitability goals. Primary sales efforts are focused on wine sales and site fees.
• Responsible for selling events at both Gundlach Bundschu and Abbot’s Passage Supply Co.
• Develop, monitor and adjust annual event budget taking into account the needs of Hospitality, Wine Club, Sales & Marketing and other departments
• Prepare Event P&L’s pre/post event to establish a wine sales goal for each program and analyze ROI
• Manage Private Tasting programs and develop VIP client lists
• Facilitate Trade bookings; host tastings & events to support National Sales Team
• Work closely with Management Team to plan, promote, and execute internal events such as wine club events, company events, and family events on or off-site with support to concerts & Huichica
• Manage staff scheduling and coordinate participation of tasting room staff in hospitality functions with the Tasting Room Manager
• Purchase and maintain inventory of event supplies
• Maintain monthly inventory of wine and merchandise in event space
Contract negotiation with clients; provide estimates in a timely manner
Facilitate communication before, during and post event with wine making, tasting room and facilities departments
Conduct pre-planning meetings to develop timelines, product lists, theme, and all logistical needs. Provide analysis and written summaries evaluating all events managed along with future opportunities for improvement
Address and appraise performance, identify development opportunities and act as a coach mentor to reports
Lead the Event Coordinator and Private Experience Coordinator to meet or exceed sales goals based on budget
Take an active role with the Tasting Room staff to build employee unity, and embody customer service standards
Coordinate with Facilities manager to maintain multiple event sites, hard assets, and facilities needs
Manage website content specific to events
Provide social media content to winery Marketing Manager
Provide verbiage for all emails, invitations, thank you cards, brochures, and collateral
Work closely with Marketing Manager to deliver an event marketing plan
Outreach & Networking
Actively participate in professional development groups such as WCSEP, BAND, ILEA
Develop relationships with neighboring wineries, brand competitors, and hotels
DMC outreach, building new relationships and fostering existing
Hosting site visits for potential clients and complimentary events for B2B businesses
Obtain proper documentation from vendors such as resale certificates, insurance, permits and/or licenses
Develop, maintain and update an entertainment resource database, including caterers, event equipment suppliers, entertainers, staffing resources, and other vendors as needed. Evaluate each vendor based on quality of product, cost efficiency, and overall customer service.
Bundschu Company offers its employees a comprehensive benefits package. The core health insurance components include medical and dental that Bundschu Co. covers the majority of cost for employees and dependents. Other benefits include 401(k) with discretionary company match, vision insurance, AFLAC FSA and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, time off for volunteer opportunities, time-off for your birthday, wine and merchandise discounts and many more!