Oakville Grocery - founded in 1881 - is the oldest continually operating grocery store in California. Since its opening, Oakville Grocery has been a destination for locals and visitors alike. With our renovation, we have reconnected to our California roots, offering a highly curated selection of the best products from farmers, artisans and purveyors in Napa and Sonoma Wine Country.
We are currently seeking Prepared Foods Associates that can help us with our expanding business at our Healdsburg, CA location. We are in search of highly motivated individuals who are passionate about food and excited about growth and opportunity.
• Maintains a positive and motivated attitude when working with customers, fellow employees, and especially during high stress situations. Shows respect for others.
• Works well in a collaborative environment and is proactive about finding ways to help team members. Follows directions as communicated. Is capable of adapting to new directions as they change with business needs.
• Maintains a clean and well sanitized work station. Keeps floors, counters and equipment clean during and after the shift. Maintains a clean uniform during shift by using extra precaution, avoiding soiled areas, and submitting for cleaning services.
• Arrives to work on time for scheduled shift, positive, prepared, and in full uniform.
• Has full understanding of the tasks required for the position. Asks questions whenever there is an uncertainty regarding a task.
• Accomplishes tasks efficiently. Able to complete tasks quicker as experience builds. Proactive at finding new tasks as other tasks are completed, operating with little management oversight. Goes above and beyond what is expected as an employee.
• Always practices complete customer service by immediately greeting and welcoming customers, constantly anticipating and graciously assisting with customer needs, saying thank you, good-bye and inviting customers back.
• Works with Store Manager and culinary team to communicate customer requests/suggestions, new menu items, as well as new projects and procedures.
• Attend and participate in regularly scheduled staff meetings, tastings, seminars, and other team events as needed.
• Complies with all company safety policies, practices, and procedures. Participate in safety training and report all unsafe conditions or work practices. Is proactive about maintaining safety and health standards. Quickly cleans spills on the floors and removes any possible dangers that may be evident in the work environment.
• Participates in team efforts and perform additional duties as needed.
Language: Ability to speak and understand basic English required for all positions.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as memos, instructions, policies and manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to present information effectively to groups of customers and/or employees, and participate in one-on-one and small group situations.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide accurately, using standard American units of currency, weight, volume, and/or distance. Ability to recognize and correct inaccuracies when using calculator or computer spreadsheet.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to a variety of tasks and duties. Ability to adapt to minor changes in routine, solve basic problems, and work with moderate supervision.
• Possess basic computer skills including e-mail, internet, and keyboarding.
Education, Experience, Certificates, Licenses:
• High School diploma or GED; or 1-3 months related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Valid or ability to obtain Food Handler card.
• Current, valid Driver’s License, insurable driving record, and proof of current automobile insurance required.
• Moderate physical activity performing occasional somewhat strenuous activities including standing, walking, climbing, reaching, and carrying. Manual dexterity sufficient to reach, handle items, and work with the fingers. Requires lifting and moving objects up to 40 lbs. in weight. Clear vision (close and distant) and ability to adjust focus. Hearing adequate for telephone, retail, office, and group conversation.
• Primarily in a well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor setting with adequate ventilation. Periods required with changing conditions. Short periods outdoors while conducting business moving between buildings. Moderate noise levels typical of public space: music sound system, public conversations, telephones/cell phones, large groups.
Schedule and Travel Requirements
• Variable schedule: primarily a set schedule but may require weekends, periodic evenings, and/or periodic or seasonal overtime.
• Position does not normally require overnight travel.
• Hours assigned based on business needs, PT employees can expect 0-29+ hours per week.
Proud to be honored by the North Bay Business Journal's Best Places to Work 2014, 2015 and 2016.
Equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants will be considered.
Competitive compensation wages offered.