The Senior Wine Buyer reports directly to the Wine Director and key responsibilities are as follows:
1. Source products to meet or exceed the monthly revenue and gross profit goals.
2. Negotiate deals and strategically manage vendor relationships to maximize profitability.
3. Daily, weekly and monthly detailed reporting and analysis. BH is a strictly metric driven company.
4. Uphold excellent, productive partnerships incl. internal digital, sales and logistics departments.
What is very important, is for the candidate to have the right values, attitudes and skills. In particular:
• Initiative & Follow Through: Have a natural self-motivated behavior of identifying opportunities and make it happen with a great sense of urgency.
• Leadership: The ability to form a vision of what can be accomplished, own this and rally all necessary resources, incl. your team, to make it happen.
• Thinking & Problem Solving: Being smart. The ability to process lots of data, do accurate analysis and deploy learning’s into action w/o delay. Take a structured and strategic approach to opportunities and issues.
• Communication: Ability to form productive relationships with your manager, peers and direct reports by being clear (words and writing) about expectations, progress, results. Ability to first try to understand before imposing subjective opinions. Keep your manager and other stakeholders fully abreast of your work.
Success is measured as:
1. Company exceeding its cash-flow target
2. Maintain or exceed budgeted profit margin on all sourced products
3. Wine sourcing and merchandising strategy to meet or exceed monthly, quarterly and annual revenue and gross profit goals
4. Maintain a strict monthly purchasing budget
5. Wine Inventory sell through is <60 days
1. Exceptional network of Napa and Sonoma winemakers and wineries owners
2. Minimum 3 years of experience as a lead or senior wine buyer
3. Minimum 3 years of experience in purchasing for multi-unit wine and spirits retail
4. Skilled negotiator for leveraging vendor relationships and managing contracts
5. Proficient in Microsoft office suite and comfortable with CRM/ERP systems for data entry, analytics and inventory management.
6. The candidate must have strong background in writing and/or journalism, excellent English/ grammar skills, and comprehensive knowledge of wines and the wine industry
Salary DOE and qualifications plus full benefits, including medical, matching 401K, & discounted health club membership, and trade discounts on wine purchases and food & beverage at our affiliated restaurant/wine bar.