Goosecross Cellars, a small, family owned, boutique winery in Yountville is looking to add to our dynamic team of wine professionals. We pride ourselves on crafting beautiful wines, and providing an outstanding hospitality experience to our guests and partners. With a strong focus on the DTC channel, our Tasting Room activities and Brand Ambassadors are key to our success. We are seeking a Tasting Room Manager to oversee and manage our onsite estate hospitality and sales.
The Tasting Room Manager is a key ambassador, responsible for representing the style and image of Goosecross, and ensuring all activities are carried out in a professional manner befitting the company’s goals and policies. The Tasting Room Manager will provide leadership, direction, and support to the tasting room staff. At all times promoting the winery’s brand image to guests by ensuring a high level of hospitality, education, and sales.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Plan, lead, and direct the operations of the Tasting Room and Estate property to achieve business goals regarding consumer visitation, club conversion, sales, guest experiences, and brand promotion.
• Set and maintain hospitality standards in keeping with company brand goals and expectations.
• In conjunction with General Manager, establish and manage Tasting Room operating budget.
• Responsible for Tasting Room staff hiring, supervision, training and development, and performance evaluation.
• Schedule, and supervise the daily activities of the Tasting Room staff, including approval of timecard and commission schedules .
• Evaluate Sales performance to targets, and communicate to team on regular basis.
• Develop SOP’s and Best Practices protocols to be used for training and reference.
• Responsible for scheduling of daily Hosted Tastings and Tours.
• Perform daily physical inventory of all items and reconcile to the POS System.
• Maintain timely input of guest information into mailing list database, including redundant and incomplete information.
• Ensure that reservations are accurately recorded and managed.
• Responsible for appearance and cleanliness of Tasting Room, restrooms, deck, parking lot, garden and surroundings.
• Maintain culinary component of food-pairing experiences.
• Continuously assess, create, and evolve hospitality offerings, including wine tasting mix, tours, brand messaging, and exclusive private experiences.
• Oversee non wine merchandise program.
• Ensures compliance to all applicable regulations.
• Develop and maintain an active referral network system with peer wineries, transportation companies and accommodation properties.
• Collaborate with Wine Club Manager and Events Coordinator on all details of both on-site and off-site events.
• Provide a high standard of hospitality for staff and guests by promoting the sales, goodwill and image of Goosecross.
• Ensure active promotion of Goosecross Wine Club offerings and benefits.
• Develop an exclusive wine buying experience for each customer by understanding and confidently articulating the individuality of the wines in each offering.
• Timely input of all shipping orders with follow through on the shipment by phone, fax and/or email to third party shipping company.
GENERAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
• Minimum two years’ experience in luxury product retail management.
• Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent in experience preferred.
• Aptitude and basic understanding of sales environment to sell wine.
• Exceptional hospitality and interpersonal skills.
• Thorough and professional oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent business development, and event management skills.
• Experience and understanding of POS systems and industry specific programs, E Cellar preferred.
• Positive, friendly attitude, and enjoy working with the public and as part of a team.
• Ability and desire to work extended hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays. Capacity to work on feet for at least 8 hours per day.
• Ability to lift, move and stack 40 pounds.
• Must be at least 21 years of age and possess a valid US driver’s license.