Founded and family-owned since 1989, Van Duzer Vineyards is an 80-acre premium estate Pinot Noir winery located in the Van Duzer Corridor of the Willamette Valley, Oregon.
We are currently seeking a full-time Tasting Room and Wine Club Manager to join our team at our estate property in Dallas, OR. This position can be divided into three key areas of responsibility: Tasting Room Manager, Wine Club Management and marketing coordination.
TASTING ROOM MANAGER
USA TODAY 10Best Tasting Rooms 2018! As one of the first faces greeting tasting room guests, the Tasting Room Manager excels in customer service and efficiently oversees the entire customer experience. We seek to fill this role with a professional who has a passion for hospitality, strong knowledge of wine and takes great pride in their work.
• Responsible for all day-to-day floor/front of the house operations
• Develop and execute short and long-term financial and strategic plans for all Direct to Consumer business
• Monthly tracking and reporting of visitor traffic, wine club signups and case sales
• Oversees all tasting room personnel – develop hospitality performance standards; manage staff scheduling, hiring, coaching and annual reviews
• Inventory control of wine and retail merchandise
• Create, promote and conduct onsite hospitality events including promotional, holiday and VIP tastings and dinners
• Manage shipping and tasting room orders
• Serve as primary customer contact; responds to appointment and order requests, customer complaints and suggestions
WINE CLUB MANAGEMENT
Contributes to all aspects of the wine club from reporting, promotion and wine club exclusive events
• Develop annual calendar of incentives and unique wine club events that excite current members and drive new membership
• Monthly tracking, reporting and analysis of wine club sales, membership activity and event attendance
• Grow membership through tasting room staff, interaction with customers in the tasting room and direct sales events and opportunities
• Annual refresh of promotional material
Works closely with winemaker, sales and operations staff to develop and implement marketing and advertising campaigns (grassroots and otherwise) that drive Van Duzer’s message for more exposure in the media and for trade, consumer and high-profile media events.
• Develop and implement a comprehensive marketing strategy across multiple platforms; report back on status to DTC goals
• Coordinate and schedule media opportunities for winemaker and journalist visits to the winery
• Manage social media platforms with relevant news, winery and local tasting events, photos and videos
• Direct and contribute to the creative team’s efforts to ensure all collateral materials are current and regularly refreshed including sales tools, website, POS for DTC, wine club, current tasting notes and wine club material
• Maintain and regularly contribute to press contact list
• Coordinate with winemaker, operations and sales for media and wine critic submissions. Maintain schedule for shipping search out new opportunities for scores, blogger and critic reviews
• Identify key tasting, trade and media events for which Van Duzer should participate
• Maintain database of updated photos of current vintage bottles, winery staff and property photos
• Copy edit written content for website, blog posts and tasting notes
• Minimum five years prior experience and proven track record of sales, hospitality, and marketing
• Keen understanding of hospitality and the ability to promote and provide a world-class guest experience
• Self-motivated to generate and act on plans and resolve problems independent of direction
• Demonstration of a strong sense of organization and attention to detail
• Superior written and verbal communication skills
• Evidence of an eye for design
• A reputation for a strong work ethic, as expressed in a sense of responsibility, reliability and responsiveness
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs
• Available to work days, evenings, weekends and over holidays
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, WordPress and working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
• Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality, Communications, Marketing, Business or related discipline
• Current OLCC permit
Salary plus commissions on tasting room and wine club sales. Health benefit available.