Established in 1895, when Edoardo Seghesio planted his first Zinfandel vineyard in Sonoma County’s Alexander Valley, Seghesio Family Vineyards produces critically acclaimed wines that honor the history of Sonoma and the Seghesio family. Collected over a century, our 300 acres in preeminent growing regions—the Alexander, Dry Creek and Russian River valleys represent some of the oldest vineyards and proprietary clones. True to Edoardo’s vision, we strive to produce exceptional Zinfandel and Italian varietals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other reasons.
• Requires skilled knowledge of electrical, mechanical, plumbing, welding, carpentry, HVAC, water systems, including pumps, plumbing, filters, sanitation, well and irrigation
equipment as well as safety procedures and protocol.
• Demonstrates welding skills for MIG/TIG and plasma cutter.
• Use an electrical meter up to 480 VAC in troubleshooting and repairing electrical equipment.
• Reviews service requests for repairs and maintenance; determines nature of problem and recommends appropriate solution for winery and facilities.
• Under minimal supervision, ability to troubleshoot, maintain, inspect, repair, or replace assigned component of electrical, refrigeration, plumbing, heating, cooling system,
structural, lighting, furnishings, fixtures, and restaurant equipment.
• Performs skilled level repairs and modifications on buildings and grounds performing tasks such as but not limited to plumbing, electrical, welding, painting, handy-man type
tasks, moving furniture, and may include offsite maintenance of properties and equipment.
• Ability to fabricate moderately complex systems including, but not limited to, piping systems, small electrical panels, control systems, or equipment to support production
• Conducts preventative maintenance inspections and performs required preventative maintenance actions as instructed.
• Maintain clean and orderly work areas free of hazards.
• Assist in other grounds, landscaping, or maintenance activities as needed.
• Drive company vehicle to pick-up and deliver parts and/or supplies.
• Operate forklift to move supplies and equipment.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
• Years of Experience: 5 or more years’ experience in winery and facilities maintenance or equivalent.
• Education: High school diploma or GED required. Trade or vocational qualification or certification in maintenance in a manufacturing environment (food/beverage and
packaging/processing industry) desired.
• Ability to perform basic math and basic computer skills required.
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
• Versatility, flexibility and willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
• Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
• Ability to work on complex projects with general direction and minimal guidance.
• Ability to understand any and all safety requirements and cautions.
• Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
• Regularly lift and/or carry objects weighing 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or carry objects weighing up to 100 pounds.
• Regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and arms to operate tools and equipment; push pull, and grasp objects; climb, twist, crouch, kneel or stoop for extended
periods of time.
• Valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
• Ability to work overtime, and/or night shift, on-call, including emergencies required.
• Bilingual Spanish speaking skills a plus.