We’re looking for a rock star who can help build out our planning process and demand forecasting activities for Francis Ford Coppola Winery. This is a key role that will work closely with Production, Sales, Marketing, and Supply Planning to drive our inventory strategy and execution to support multiple channels.
This role will be instrumental in reporting and predicting trade performance for our iconic portfolio of premium brands. The ideal candidate will assist in supply chain planning activities per demand while respecting cost and operational constraints. They will establish best practices for forecasting volume by using category trends, consumer insights and historical data as a predictor.
As a business partner with sales and supply chain, this role will provide forecasting to assist in long term sourcing and planning of dry goods purchase, along with providing commentary monthly, interacting with sales, marketing, and finance leadership to create and communicate monthly consensus forecasts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
65% Demand Planning:
• Manage reporting for various supply-demand models and inventory reporting. Develop tools to create a formalized demand planning structure and format. Create financial and supply models that highlight impact of production and selling changes.
• Using a collaborative and consensus approach, lead regular meetings with stakeholders to create monthly forecast reviews, which will be adopted by leadership team. Proactively communicate changes to ensure a 'no surprises' forecasting culture is embedded.
• Analyze market data, historical data and promotional calendars to make recommendations against sales forecasts. Establish benchmarks to accommodate future metrics.
• Analyze historical new product launch data; use this information to provide recommendations for future new program releases.
• Act as a key partner in new software systems for demand planning.
• Provide perspective on volume inputs to the annual and long-range planning processes, taking category, marketing, marketplace and historical trading analysis into account.
• Meet regularly with representatives of customer supply chain and planning and buying team to review forecasts and supply chain performance, recommend purchases, and collaborate on upcoming promotions.
• Perform ad-hoc analysis, including developing forecasts for new product launches and managing inventory for product transitions
35% Data Management:
• Support the implementation of JDE Item Master, with guidance from Purchasing & Logistics Manager. Implement Item Master process for all SKUs.
• Participate as a steady partner in all inventory modules in JDE, including Procurement, Blend, Manufacturing.
• Eventually manage Item Master process.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain management, statistics or related field. 2+ years’ experience in wine or agriculture-based supply/demand forecasting and analysis
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• An exceptional communicator with the confidence to present and interact with staff at all levels, including senior leadership.
• Numbers oriented. You enjoy playing with data!
• Highly analytical and strategic with deep problem-solving skills. Enjoys a challenge.
• Proficient in excel. Experience with JDE is preferred.
• Ability to multitask on various projects.
• You’re comfortable working independently as well as influencing cross-functional teams
• Motivated by a rapidly changing environment with multiple priorities and stakeholders.
• Ability to prioritize complex tasks based on urgency and shifting deadlines.
• Reliable, strong attention to detail and a quick learner.