The Division Manager is responsible for the communication and execution of our entire portfolio to key Distributor partners as well as National and Regional Chains based in the North Central. The Manager will ensure we are achieving our fair share of business, growth, and awareness in these states through regular interaction, account calls, training, and education.
The primary focus of the Division Manager North Central is achieving company profit, distribution, and volume goals by working directly with the key accounts throughout the division as well as working with key Distributor personnel. The Division Manager is expected to travel extensively to oversee and manage accounts and distributors in the territory. This Division Manager is responsible for all key relationships at the distributor level in all states within the market.
Duties and responsibilities
• Conduct meetings to present annual goals, manage those goals monthly.
• Manage depletions through specific channels of trade including On-premise accounts, Chains, Independent retailers.
• Responsible for achieving annual case goals and profit objectives; and pricing and programming within budget in all states.
• Managing all financial responsibility for the region including, sales budget, DA spending, promotional, incentive budgets along with a full T & E budget.
• Management of distributors including regional budgets, inventory, goals and allocations.
• Develop distributor sales incentive programs, negotiate pricing/programming, educate and train sales personnel.
• Key Account rapport and selling.
• Work each market throughout the region with distributor personnel as well as independently.
• Develop and maintain a target account list for both on and off premise accounts.
Conduct wine dinners, retail tastings, trade shows, and distributor meetings / education when necessary.
• Develop relationships with all chain buyers located within the region.
• Present our wines at sales meetings, tastings, wine dinners, etc.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 5+ years of multi-state distributor management
• Effective and concise oral and written communication skills
• Computer Skills: Word, Excel, Power Point and Office Outlook
• Must be able to multi-task
• Must be organized and exude attention to detail
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and work as team player
• Wine/Spirit experience required
• Office / Administrative
• Ability to work seated at a desk for extended periods of time.
• Occasional ability to lift up to 36 lbs (approximately one case of wine).
• Frequent Travel
• Regional Sales Managers
• Area Sales Managers
• Account Specialists