This is an opportunity to bring your hands-on bottling line expertise and play an important role in a successful and growing mobile bottling company. You will predominantly work on our rotary labeler. Your main job responsibility will be to perform setups and operation of bottling equipment, and perform troubleshooting as necessary as part of our bottling operations team. We operate our projects in the field, at a variety of different wineries in the Napa, Sonoma Valleys as well as the Russian River / Dry Creek area. As a person who loves the wine country and outdoors, you will be working at many different winery locations.
Our primary selection criteria for the opening is a positive attitude and work ethic together with below listed technical and operational experience. Operations experience in the field of beverage bottling is preferred. To be a good fit for the Bottling Line Operator Maintainer opportunity you should have:
• At least 3-5 years of bottling line operation and/or maintenance and/or winery/brewery production experience in the field of:
- Bottling Operations and/or
- Bottling Line Mechanic
- Winery Technician (wine cellar, pumps, filters, tanks, sterilization/CIP)
• Documented technical skills (bottling equipment set-up, operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting)
• Experience in troubleshooting bottling equipment
• The ability to:
- Read and write English
- Read and understand technical manuals, prints and schematics
- Prepare and fill out daily production and quality assurance documentation.
• The ability to perform physical work including climbing ladders, moving machines and parts, working on machines in tight spaces, and lifting up to 50 lbs. regularly
Just as important as your experience and skills will be the following characteristics and competencies:
• A strong work ethic
• A positive, no-drama attitude
• Absolute reliability, integrity and trustworthiness
• Excellent communication and teamwork skills
Preferred but not required:
• Wine industry experience
• Experience with machine controls (drives, motors, sensors, PLC, photo electronics and limit switches)
• Trade School or equivalent training
• Experience installing and starting up bottling lines
You'll need to be able to work a flexible schedule. During bottling production days overtime will occur. You will be paid overtime in accordance with CA Labor Laws. With bottling projects throughout the year our peak season is during the 4+ months in the summer which is followed by several weeks of maintenance and yearly equipment overhaul during the harvest months.
You also will need a clean DMV record and references, as well as the ability to pass a physical and drug test.
Even as an experienced car mechanic (Les Schwab, Ford, GM, European or Japanese Cars) with interest in working in wine bottling we would like to hear from you - we will consider candidates with a solid technical background who bring positive attitude and are able to learn quickly.
You will be an hourly employee with a competitive wage, health benefits, which are 100% paid for the employee, and vacation.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be part of our operations team and participate in setting up, operating, troubleshooting and maintaining our Krones engineered bottling line. The line is incorporated into a customized 48-foot trailer, and includes a MCBRADY Rinser, KRONES/KOSME Counter-Pressure Filler, R&G Capsule Applicator, KOSME Rotary Labeler, Laser Coder, Case Labeler and respective auxiliary equipment. The trailer features on-board utilities, including electrical power, nitrogen, steam, and compressed air.
On a typical job there will be two Bottling Technicians (you being one of the two) as well as a production crew of eight+. Your specific activities will include:
• Bottling trailer set-up at winery sites
• Bottling line set-up and start-up at winery sites
• Bottling equipment operations
• Bottling line change-overs (equipment and wine handling)
• Troubleshooting of bottling machinery
• Performing preventive equipment maintenance
• Assisting in repair and overhaul of machinery
• Wine handling (hose set-up, pump, wine filtration)
• Bottling equipment sterilization (hoses, pump, filter, filler, etc.).
Launched in 2010, Peregrine Mobile Bottling provides mobile wine bottling, crossflow filtration and commercial tent rental services to wineries of all sizes. Our professional team provides services through the entire bottling project. We focus on excellent bottling quality, customer service and strive for long-term relationships with our customers. German-engineered by Krones, our mobile bottling line has been designed from a winemaker's perspective to provide a variety of unique benefits. You can find various videos of our production trailer in operation on YouTube (www.youtube.com); please search "Peregrine Mobile Bottling".
If you think this job opening is be a great fit for you, please send us the following:
1. A Cover Letter introducing yourself
2. Your Resume.