Small luxury winery with over 27 years of producing award winning Napa Valley wines is seeking a manager for multiple tasting room locations.
We are looking for a candidate who is a strong leader with excellent communication and organizational skills. This person should be able to prioritize, multitask, problem solve, and ensure the team is held to the highest standards. This candidate must be gracious, professional, passionate, energetic, and driven to lead our team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Hire, mentor and train the sales team
- Schedule tasting room staff based on volume and seasonality
- Foster a positive, happy, productive, and team focused work environment
- Provide annual reviews and performance feedback, working closely with HR Manager
- Development of SOP’s
Daily Operations/Guest Experience
- Create an implement plan to drive visitation to each location
- Assist in ongoing development of customer experiences
- Budgeting, sales management, expense management, reporting and forecasting
- Inventory management: maintain par levels, ensuring menu changes are made with new vintage releases or with inventory overages/shortages
- Facilitate proper communication with customers, staff, and management regarding tasting room needs, shipping, inventory, visitations, etc.
- Ensure guest experience is of the highest quality and results in conversion of wine sales and membership
- Represent the winery at offsite pouring and events as needed
- Execute and oversee onsite events
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of 2 years tasting room management experience – either manager or assistant manager
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to relay knowledge of wines and wine production
- Passionate and knowledgeable about wine, food and agriculture, with a willingness to broaden knowledge base
- Breadth of interest across many subjects & depth of knowledge with interest to continue learning
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Gmail
- Willingness and ability to:
. Lift and handle materials weighing up to 40 pounds
. Work overtime whenever required.
. Stand on hard surface for extended periods
. Grasp, stoop, squat, climb stairs, push or pull, carry, and reach over shoulder
. Valid California driver’s license