The General Manager provides strategic leadership and direction for all aspects of Operations for the assigned Region.
• Directs all sales activities associated with the successful operation of the assigned Region
• Plans and manages the fiscal year plan, budget and performance measures to ensure that goals and objectives are met.
• Acts as a strategic partner with the EVP of Sales, or Designee and other senior management to develop and execute strategic business plans including developing sales goals and budgets, marketing, portfolio development, expense control and attainment of sales goals. Enhancing the overall service model to ensure customer satisfaction, profitability and retention, and creating new methods of accountability to support the highest level of service and performance throughout the company.
• Expand business through effective sales force management; building strong, well-defined relationships with key customers.
• Conduct routine sales activities such as market visits, sales meetings, trade shows, dinners and events.
• Develop and maintain high-level awareness of all market factors affecting The Winebow Group and the brands through field contact, trade contact and review of appropriate publications. Utilize market knowledge to drive new relationships with wholesalers and retailers.
• Analyze reports on a daily, weekly and monthly basis to identify trends and making recommendations to the EVP of Sales.
• Analyze new product opportunities for increased sales and market image
• Communicate business plans, programs, incentives and pricing to sales management and provide timely updates as they occur.
• Ensure that programs and price promotions are well-executed and inventories are appropriately managed.
• Make decisions regarding special pricing or category discounts for each customer
• Develop and work with Directors of Sales and District Managers to grow their management and business acumen in order to maximize distribution in their assigned territories.
• Responsible for staffing, staffing planning, conducting performance appraisals on direct reports, budgeting, ensuring compliance with training requirements, developing direct reports and controlling division expenditures.
• Meets agreed upon goals and objectives effectively and in a timely manner.
• Arrives at work, appointments, meetings, and all work-related functions on time and as scheduled.
• Follows all safety policies and procedures; communicates hazards and/or suggests improvements to manager.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED. Additional education strongly preferred.
• Minimum three years experience in sales and marketing coordination.
• Exceptional computer proficiency in MS Office and publications software.
• Demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills.
• Basic knowledge of wine and the wine industry strongly preferred.
• Valid State Driver's License.
Normal office environment, periodic travel required, including some evenings and weekends
Telephone, fax machine, copier, computer, calculator, scanner
Lifting up to 40 lbs., bending, sitting, standing, manual dexterity, reaching, visual acuity.
Experience Level Required: 4-8 Years
Education Level Required: Associate's Degree