Scheid Family Wines has an exciting career opportunity for a Sales Manager based in either Dallas, San Antonio or Houston. This position will support sales in Texas.
Founded in Monterey County in 1972, Scheid Family Wines is one of the fastest growing wine companies in the country with extensive estate vineyard holdings and a state of the art winery campus. In addition to our flagship Scheid Vineyards brand, we produce and market over two dozen core and exclusive brands including District 7, Metz Road, Ranch 32 and Ryder Estate
This position is responsible for growing the Scheid Family Wines portfolio by maintaining existing customers, increasing product placements, identifying new target accounts, and building and enhancing brand equity in the market.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Promote and sell all Scheid Family Wines brands to meet and/or exceed company sales quotas, while also identifying sources of new business opportunities
• Manage existing accounts within distributors network
• Identify and drive new business growth with new customers
• Work directly with Regional Sales Manager, Director of Sales and Marketing team
• Prepare quarterly sales forecast and bi-annual sales report
• Maintain a long-term growth strategy with key wholesale contacts on a quarterly basis
• Increase market demand and acceptance through targeting and opening new accounts, increasing sales to existing accounts, and shifting others to existing accounts as the market demands
• Become an active member of the wine community through frequent and positive interaction with key buyers through account calls, event participation, and social media
• Work several nights per week and some weekends visiting on premise accounts to make presentations and placements
• Work independently in the market building on already established account relationships while creating new ones both on and off premise
• Provide updates on sales accomplishments and activities
• Manage point of sale (POS) and marketing materials needed for accounts, orders sales tools to ensure a timely and effective market execution
• Educate distributors and customers on products and merchandising priorities
• Conduct wine tastings, fund raisers, trade shows and other wine events for and with distributors
• Monitor inventory and shipment levels to ensure depletion and profit goals are achieved
• Bachelor's degree with emphasis in Business Administration, Sales and Marketing, or related field strongly preferred
• 3-5 years of industry experience as a supplier and/or distributor representative with a proven track record in sales
• Ability to understand and apply market intelligence to sales strategy; read and evaluate sales and marketing reports, analysis, and trends
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent PC skills in MS Office Suite
• Valid driver’s license, auto insurance, and vehicle required with an acceptable driving record
• Must be able to work and/or travel nights and weekends
• To travel out of state or internationally if needed
• This is a remote position that requires working out of a home office
• Must be able to lift 40lbs
Scheid Family Wines offers a competitive base compensation, bonus, and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, matching 401(k) and paid time off. Employees enjoy a large discount on our products.
Scheid Family Wines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.