Acting on own initiative, this position is responsible for all aspects of sourcing, establishing supply partnerships, purchasing, coordinating and scheduling delivery for all direct, indirect and professional goods and services, as assigned. Provides the insight for category management, policy, supplier/material master data accuracy and supply standards (supplier, goods and services). Supports and partners with Sales, Marketing, Winery Operations, Winemaking, Vineyard Management, Supply Chain, Legal and Finance to achieve mutual business goals. Coordinate compilation and preparation of reports, forecasting and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions. Develops alternate sources of supply when vendors and suppliers are inadequate, such as analyzing markets and key commodities for supplier management.
• Understands, communicates, and shares Company vision throughout division/organization and provides cross-functional perspective, direction, and support
• Provides leadership and personal support; leads by example
• Drives Company focus, manages culture, encourages strong work ethic, and fosters an environment of trust and respect
• Communicates and supports Company policies and decisions in a positive manner
• Handles employee issues, concerns, and complaints in an objective and confidential manner
• Provides employees with a safe, comfortable, and rewarding work environment
• Provides input and assists with the monitoring of the department budget
• Develop, champion, and ensure implementation of ideas that will optimize total cost of ownership year-over-year for assigned spend categories according to group guidelines.
• Work with Internal customers and suppliers to improve sourcing processes
• Contribute to the annual cost savings goal - pricing and cost avoidance..
• Track forecasted vs actual savings for assigned Categories and be responsible for communicating performance against these measures and their potential budgetary impact. Establish category metrics and savings targets, monitor performance, and communicate these to stakeholders. Create a category specific initiative pipeline that will forecast and direct procurement projects and sourcing activities
• Develop and implement commodity strategies and establish and maintain strategic relationships with suppliers to ensure successful implementation and change management support.
• Work with business unit leadership to monitor contract compliance
• Manage supplier development/relationships to ensure continuity of good and services that meet the quality, service and price performance standards of the company
• Develop negotiations strategies and drive negotiations to achieve stated goals and objectives
• Drive improvement of procurement efficiency and effectiveness throughout Delicato
• Remain current with market trends through relationships with suppliers and market experts; identify and communicate new technologies and solutions to key problems in the assigned spend areas Leverage current and future business requirements, market intelligence, and historical spend to develop innovative category strategies that drive cost reduction, enterprise consistency, and business value. Provide category specific subject matter expertise and insights to internal clients and regular status updates of all projects to leadership
• Maintain a working knowledge of applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations as well as any internal policies (e.g. code of ethics) or procedures to ensure that the behavior exhibited by the organization with the highest level of integrity, honesty, and transparency.
• Collaborate effectively across different organizational levels, functions, businesses, and geographies to realize procurement goals and objectives.
• Implement the category strategy by directing sourcing activities and demand initiatives. Develop and lead cross functional teams to execute on strategy
• Purchase or support Buyers to purchase specified materials and services at optimum prices, terms, conditions (order quantity, lead time, discounts and logistics), and quality to ensure the best value for business and customers as required.
• Maintain appropriate documentation.
• Support Buyers with Prompt review, follow up, and expedite delivery of orders and QC concerns.
• Responsible for managing material returns, quality, pricing or availability problems, and resolving accounting/invoicing issues as required.
• Provide accurate volume forecasts for key category purchases to ensure continuity of supply.
• Issue RFP, receive competitive bids, analyze proposals, negotiate commercial agreements, and maintain compliance with the company's purchasing policy.
• Assist with project implementation and special projects as assigned.
• Experience dealing cross-functionally with multiple functions across the organization and supply chain.
• Possesses the combination of strategic analysis coupled with a hands-on/can-do attitude.
• Demonstrated strength of character and ability to excel in a challenging and changing environment during periods of rapid growth. Expertise with simplifying complex and ambiguous problems.
• Has high level of integrity and interpersonal communication, presentation, and organizational skills.
• Ethically work with existing suppliers and potential suppliers to ensure their fair treatment.
• Ability to travel and split time between the Napa and Manteca office.
Education and Experience
College degree required. 8+ years direct or related experience in Supply Chain, Purchasing, Procurement and/or Sourcing
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Experience working with large financial ERP Systems (SAP, JDE, etc.) and automated purchasing tools and strong skills in Microsoft Office suite tools.
• Must have advanced sourcing, procurement and purchasing skills, i.e. negotiations, st