About Solterra Strategies:
Solterra Strategies is a boutique agency, founded in 2011. Specializing in wine, tourism and food the team assists clients in a variety of marketing and public relations practice areas including: brand development, public and media relations, trade relations, digital marketing expertise and strategic partnerships. For more information about the agency, its clients and the team please visit www.SolterraStrategies.com.
The account coordinator reports to the Chief Strategist and works day-to-day on a variety of client projects with the Solterra Strategies Team. This position requires a highly organized individual to coordinate multiple client projects. The ability to communicate in a concise and clear manner in both written and verbal formats is key. The account coordinator will work in many practice areas including: marketing, social media, media relations, event coordination and digital email campaigns. Copy writing, press release writing, reporting, photography, basic design skills, hosting VIP guests and media, database management and coordinating event logistics round out the day-to-day job duties. The ability to work in a fast-paced environment, achieve results and shift focus is paramount.
Core Responsibilities Include:
• Write press releases
• Write copy for a variety of projects: eblasts, social media posts, brochures, website, etc.
• Pitch story ideas to journalists
• Research, follow and build relationships with members of the media
• Coordinate event logistics
• Manage databases which are critical to event logistics and operations
• Develop, manage and execute social media campaigns: Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
• Create presentations
• Research trends and identify opportunities for clients
The qualified candidate brings a strong work ethic and self-starter initiative to the team. In addition he/she will have the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, client-driven environment with a keen focus all things marketing, public relations and branding. Strong communication skills both written and verbal with proven leadership, creativity and flexibility are necessary.
• Exceptional interpersonal communication and strong relationship building
• Excellent organizational skills; ability to multi-task and pivot quickly
• Wine industry knowledge and experience is helpful
• Quick study and ability to absorb instruction while on-the-job training
• Microsoft Office skills – Word, Excel, Power Point - photo shop skills a plus
• Must be able to lift 40 pounds to chest height, be on your feet for extended periods of time.
• A valid CA driver’s license with reliable transportation
• Reliable transportation for work related matters