About C Mondavi & Family:
In 1943, Italian immigrants Cesare and Rosa Mondavi purchased the historic Charles Krug property, which to this day produces estate-driven Napa Valley wines. The brands of C Mondavi & Family—Charles Krug, Purple Heart Wines, and CK Mondavi & Family—were built on a foundation of family values, hard work and a European winemaking tradition. The wineries are under the direction of Peter Mondavi Jr. and Marc Mondavi, who steward the family business passed to them by their father, legendary Napa Valley wine icon Peter Mondavi Sr. The family is now proudly welcoming members of the fourth generation to the business, continuing a legacy started 75 years ago and setting a foundation for generations to come. For additional information, please visit charleskrug.com, ckmondavi.com and purpleheartwine.com.
The Off Premise Chain Director reports to the VP of National Chains. The Chain Director is responsible for achieving the Company’s sales efforts within their specified chains of responsibility by:
• Presenting assortment priorities within their specified chains of responsibility.
• Presenting programming recommendations supported by marketing tools to chain buyers
• Coordinating efforts with key distributor personnel to gain alignment
• Work closely with C Mondavi & Family DVPs and Regional Managers (RMs) to ensure local distributors are aligned on specific chain priorities to ensure execution
• Motivate key distributor personnel with incentive programs aligned with company priorities
- Work with the Key distributors’ sales staff to generate incremental sales and distribution.
• Monitoring the Company’s expenditures to ensure that spending is within assigned budgets.
Specific Objectives and Responsibilities
• To develop programming and strategies that will drive depletion trends to ensure the continued sales and profit growth of C Mondavi & Family Brands.
• To professionally present the Company portfolio to specified retailers to achieve appropriate distribution levels, shelf space, and feature and display activity.
• To manage, educate and motivate key distributor account executives
• Ensure that retail pricing is managed within company guidelines
• To ensure key distributor Chain Teams, Account Executives, and Sr Management have a clear and concise understanding of key objectives and targets for their individual selling regions, relative to Chain off premise goals and objectives.
• Utilize the Chain Preplan tool for annual planning with quarterly planned updates
• To understand of market issues and proactively provide recommendations for potential solutions.
• To participate when necessary in the distributor business review and planning process for all major distributors
• To participate in market surveys to monitor programming and competitive opportunities
• Ensure that all Company expenditures are within budget.
• Ensure that all activities are conducted within the State and Federal laws and guidelines.
• Provide management with market intelligence (competitive, distributor and trade activity and etc.)
• Achieve competency in company tools and software (Trade Pulse, Share point, Nielsen, etc)
• Provide the following reports within the stated times:
- Expense Reports Monthly Reports
- T&E FYTD update Non-Price support update
- Documentation of chain buyer/distributor meetings recapping commitments/next steps
- Completed chain distributor information templates for each market (updated 1x year)
• Responsibility time allocation guideline:
o Chain management 50%
o Distributor management 40%
• Gaining Alignment
• In Market/Retail participation
o Administrative 10%
Critical skills of the Off Premise Chain Director:
Building Business Partnerships: the ability to successfully work together to achieve common goal while developing a working relationship
Business awareness: a knowledge and understanding of the business at the industry, distributor and customer level
Communication skills: the ability to transfer an understanding to others accurately and effectively as well as understanding others accurately.
Implementation skills: the ability to implement strategies and tactical plans and then manage the subsequent completion of projects
Customer Focus: Incorporating key customer needs in the development and implementation of business objectives
Negotiation Skills: the interpersonal skills used to arrive at win:win outcomes in all business dealings with key business partners, customers and colleagues.
Team membership: the ability to work w/ others to achieve a mutually beneficial goal. Create a positive environment, which encourages colleagues to recognize their strengths & weaknesses, improve on their development areas & leverage their individual strengths.
Leadership: the ability to lead others to achieve a common goal with positive business results
Innovation: generates valuable ideas and uses these ideas to develop new or improved processes, methods, products, or services; constantly looks for incremental improvements in work processes and results.
Personal responsibility: Demonstrates a sense of ownership and self-motivation in achieving business and personal development objectives.
Decision making/judgment: makes decisions, renders judgments, takes actions of made commitments, after considering the available courses of action.
Manage Finance: identify, agree and monitor financial resources needed to support market plans and take action to address issues and improve costs.