Analysis of product usage to determine appropriate purchases. Processes inventory orders in a complete and timely manner to ensure adequate par levels, sufficient products are available to maintain continuous operations.
• Responsible for replenishing stock items by ordering inventory items in accordance with established policies and procedures.
• Maintains inventory levels within guidelines established by budget.
• Maintains current and accurate database information for all inventory items.
• Recommends adjustments for stocking levels and reorder points for all inventory items based on supply usage (historical, current and projected), lead times, manufacturing cycles and best buy practices.
• Responsible for reviewing stock to sales ratios and responding to changing sales trends.
• Collaborates with Logistics and Distribution departments to provide most time and cost efficient purchases.
• Maintains storage of all historical files, product information, and records that are attributed to Purchasing in an accurate and timely manner.
• Assist in the review of open orders on a regular basis to confirm orders have been processed and received as expected. Document variances are accordingly.
• Able to select, print, and review database reports that will augment the purchasing process.
• Provides information, as needed, for the preparation of reports.
• Meets agreed upon goals and objectives effectively and in a timely manner.
• Arrives to work, meetings, appointments, and other work-related functions on time and as scheduled.
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field preferred.
2. Three to five years experience in materials management or purchasing.
3. Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office Products. Strong spreadsheet experience required.
4. Experience in the wine and/or beverage industry strongly preferred.
5. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Experience Level Required: 4-8 Years
Education Level Required: Bachelor's Degree