Purple Wine + Spirits is an entrepreneurial, brand-led wine and spirits business with an aggressive growth ambition and a new long-range plan to get us there. We also have well-funded ownership and a strong business infrastructure to support a “quick start” to our plan. As a company, our strategic plan will require new capabilities and drive to be successful. The Director of Brand Marketing for our National Wine and Spirit Brands sits at the center of our marketing efforts and we are looking for a smart, strategic and creative business person who is looking to make a difference. If you have experience in wine and/or spirits, enjoy strategy, innovation, ideas and content creation and team building, this will be a fun and rewarding position for the right person. And, if you like working in Petaluma’s hip warehouse district in brand new offices right on the river, then you’ll love Purple (target date to move into the new office is March 1 2019).
• Manage the development and implementation of the wine and spirits portfolio’s long-term strategic and annual brand plans
• Develop and lead trade and consumer communications strategies, including P.R. efforts, events and digital marketing initiatives
• Lead business analysis, including consumer and category and competitive dynamics to drive insights, innovation, and pricing and business management decision.
• Develop brand budgets that effectively and efficiently execute brand strategies
• Leads the development of brand marketing programs and initiatives in partnership with Sales, Creative Services and outside vendors, as applicable, to deliver against the brand’s annual volume & profit targets, e.g. national/regional promotions, packaging, public relations, advertising, marketing materials and online marketing initiatives
• Provides support in new product development and line extensions, partnering cross-functionally to implement package changes and product launches
• Develop brand stories and deliver sales plans to the trade
• Be a trade ambassador for the brands: requires frequent travel (on and off-site support)
• Drive a performance culture throughout the organization, providing the freedom to succeed balanced with accountability to the business plan.
• Manage and develop a team of three brand marketing professionals.
• Recruit brand marketing professionals to meet the needs of the business.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Management, or related field (MBA preferred)
• Minimum 7 years brand marketing experience in wine/spirits – craft spirits a plus
• Genuine passion for wine and craft spirits
• Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills
• Must be comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment and highly self-directed
• Must be highly solution driven
• Strong strategic and creative skills that help lead to insights and ideas that will drive our business
• Strong business acumen skills; organizational and problem-solving
• Ability to lead agencies in creating consumer and retail programs
• Excellent understanding of effective social media communication and how to drive engagement with consideration for brand voice and tone.
• Ability to focus on multiple tasks and deadlines and effectively prioritize and manage them, while maintaining a high level of attention to detail
• Positive and enthusiastic attitude exhibiting team player and leadership qualities that bring out the best in those they work with. Takes initiative and possesses entrepreneurial drive for success
• Experience launching new brands and/or line extensions
• Proven ability to support and collaborate with sales teams and develop/provide information, materials and programs as needed
• Effective project management skills; ability to plan, organize, and follow through on a variety of projects; ability to execute accurately, on-time, within budget
Able to lift/carry 40-50 lbs for short periods, roughly the weight of a case of wine or spirits