About Evenstad Estates
Grace and Ken Evenstad founded Domaine Serene in the Dundee Hills of Oregon in 1989. The Evenstads had faith and confidence in Oregon early on, before there was a national market for Pinot Noir and Chardonnay from the region. Today, Domaine Serene produces wines from six individual vineyard estates, planted exclusively to Pinot Noir and Chardonnay. Each estate offers a diversity of soils, clones, rootstocks, microclimates, slopes and elevations that add distinguishing complexity and elegance to the wines. In 2001, the Evenstads completed construction of their current state-of-the art, five-level, gravity flow Pinot Noir winery. They broke ground in 2017 for their Chardonnay and Sparkling Winery, the first dedicated white winery of its kind in Oregon and will debut their new Sparkling Wine program that is scheduled for release in the summer of 2018. The wineries, located on the prestigious Winery Hill Estate, were built as a statement to the quality of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay that can be produced from the world-class Dundee Hills AVA. In 2015, Ken and Grace acquired Château de la Crée, the respected wine estate located in the birthplace of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay, the renowned Côte d’Or. This made them the first Oregon-based vintners to own land and produce wines in Burgundy, France. In total, the Evenstads own 1,000 total acres of land in the hills of Yamhill County, with 275 acres planted to vines, and 25 acres, comprised of over forty percent Premier Cru vineyards, in the Côte de Beaune region of Burgundy. Finally, in 2017 Domaine Serene opened a new best-in-class hospitality center, the Clubhouse at Domaine Serene, that is changing the landscape of fine wine hospitality in the Pacific Northwest. For the past 25 years, Domaine Serene, under the guidance of the Evenstads, has been focused on excellence in a never-ending quest to produce through continuous improvement and a commitment to extremely high internal standards. Domaine Serene’s wines represent the achievement that is possible in Oregon, one of the finest regions in the world for Pinot Noir and Chardonnay.
Build the image, visibility and revenue of Evenstad Estates in the assigned territory through highly professional sales team distributor management, key account relationship building and trade marketing.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, driven to succeed, with the ability to work at a high level in a fast-paced, luxury wine environment. This position will be based in California or Oregon (California preferred) and will report to the Director of National Sales.
Role and Responsibilities
• Provides clear, ongoing performance attainment to the Director of National Sales through consistent and timely sales related tools.
• Manages all aspects of the West Region, including budget attainment, distributor allocations, & depletion based goals.
• Ensure clear and concise planning at the distributor level delivering the Evenstad Estates core objectives and goals.
• Effectively represent Evenstad Estates brands with the trade at events not limited to, distributor and consumer tastings, distributor and consumer dinners.
• Ensure all distributors follow the Evenstad Estates guidelines set forth at the beginning of our relationship.
• Provide knowledge-based training for our Distributor salesforce.
• Develop account specific strategies to deliver set goals within budgets.
• Work independently in assigned territory as well as in a fast-paced, office environment with up to 50% sales and company related travel.
• Leverage allocations of limited production wines for improved performance of trade accounts and distributors.
• Manage Evenstad Estates West Region distribution network in order to sustainably grow depletions without relying on discounts or free goods.
• Set aggressive yet sustainable goals for distributors and use analysis of the market to identify and address market opportunities and gaps in distributor performance.
• Build effective relationships with high-impact and high image trade accounts in order to create brand advocacy throughout the market.
Requirements and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 5 years minimum Distributor and management experience with a luxury wine supplier.
• Experience with P+L management and budget development.
• Dynamic and passionate about fine wine with a high level of wine experience preferred.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to draft reports, business correspondence, policies and proposals in a highly effective and efficient manner.
• Proven track record of strong sales skills in previous/current work experience.
• Knowledge of key trade account buyers, promotional practices and operational procedures.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and delegate tasks as appropriate.
• Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels of an organization.
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail. Ability to multi-task and adjust priorities to meet deadlines on short notice.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to demonstrate discretion, good judgment, tactfulness and diplomacy.
• Demonstrated ability to research and resolve problems, including data mining and analysis.
• Strong customer service skills with the ability to work successfully in partnership with operations and Direct to Consumer business peers.
• Advanced experience in MS Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
The compensation package is competitive and includes bonus potential. Additional benefits include health, dental and vision care, a 401K program with employer match, term life insurance, paid time off (PTO) and paid holidays.