PURPOSE OF JOB: The Warehouse Lead is responsible for the daily inventory transactions and inventory management. This position will also supervise shipping personnel in the absence of the Warehouse Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following, as assigned by the Warehouse Supervisor and/or Director of Operations. Other duties may be assigned:
• Oversight of all warehouse transactions including: promos, transfers, samples, bottlings, and sales order fulfillment.
• Enters daily transactions into the system of record (Microsoft Navision).
• Schedules and coordinates shipments with 3rd party logistics carriers.
• Maintains filing.
• Coordinates small projects and finished goods re-work as required.
• Orchestrates inventory cycle count policies and procedures.
• Proactively researches inventory variances and works with Accounting and Warehouse staff to solve discrepancies.
• Receives and manages all dry goods materials, maintains effective communication with Procurement Manager.
• Organizes packaging for upcoming bottlings.
• Works with Bottling Line Manager to record End-of-Run counts.
• Assigns duties and monitors quality of work; assures assisting staff conforms to organizational policies and procedures and government regulations.
• Schedule warehouse team members to meet the demands of the facility.
• Lead, inspire, manage, motivate, coach and mentor team to optimize team morale and performance. Build and ensure highest levels of teamwork and inter-departmental cohesion.
• Ensure a safe working environment. Set the example which includes attending safety meetings, ensuring safety standards are followed and using corrective action as needed.
• Proactively improves processes and systems.
• Secures company assets.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: In Warehouse Supervisor’s absence will supervise warehouse personnel to ensure all policies and procedures remain in place.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High school diploma or GED required.
• Ability to make basic math calculations including but not limited to percentages and ratios.
• 1-3 years warehouse/inventory experience required.
• Experience managing people/budgets preferred.
• 2+ years supervising warehouse/inventory staff preferred.
• Computer and database application skills are required including proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) applications such as Microsoft Navision, Oracle JD Edwards, or SAP.
• Experience with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) including scan guns required.
• Familiarity with inventory management systems and process required.
• Ability to operate a manual / powered pallet jack or lift product.
• Forklift certification is required upon commencement of work.
• Valid California driver’s license and ability to be insured through company insurance.
• Basic English skills, both written and verbal required.
• Ability to work overtime as required.
• Ability to prioritize work, follow direction and complete tasks in a safe and timely manner.
• Ability to contribute to a positive work environment by communicating and performing according to established standards is required.
• Ability to lift 60 pounds.