Flora Springs – Wine Educator
Flora Springs is a family owned and operated winery with a Tasting Room located on Highway 29 as well as our Estate located off West Zinfandel Lane. The Wine Educator is a high energy role that hosts walk-in Tastings, small groups, Wine Club pick-up Parties, and occasionaly private tastings. This position is responsible for creating a memorable experience for all guests and is highly motivated to sell wine and convert them into wine club members!
Duties and Responsibilities:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this role but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this role at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
• Highly motivated sales individual who thrives on providing superior hospitality to guests and is able convert them into a Wine Club member
• Proven track-record in selling and up-selling wines, wine club memberships, and merchandise by educating all guests in tasting wines and making purchasing decisions. Modeling exemplary sales techniques for peers
• Regularly receive 5-Star reviews on platforms: Trip Advisor, Yelp, Cellarpass, Google, etc.
• Maintain and exceeds Daily, Weekly and Monthly sales goals and AOV metrics
• Be a dynamic team player, working with other Wine Educators to reach daily, weekly and monthly individual sales goals
• Provide superior guest service and experiences through education on Flora Springs’ wines and how they are superior
• Achieving and maintaining quality presentation in all public and back of house areas at all times
• Must have consistent communication with Tasting Room Manager
• Collect name capture from 95+% of all visitors
• Work at special events when necessary
• Abide by Responsible Beverage Service Standards, ensuring the safety of our guests and Company
• Ability to prioritize with excellent time management skills in hosting tastings, lunch breaks, and daily tasks
• Perform inventory of wines and merchandise with daily stocking as needed
• Flexible to take on additional hours, change schedules to cover shifts, and/or host Evening or Morning Events as needed
• Self-motivated with the ability to proactively address issues with minimal supervision
Experience and Qualifications:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
• 2+ yrs. experience in sales, service, and hospitality with proven track record in wine sales and club signups
Be a Sales Extraordinaire!
• Proficient in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, internet, POS systems. Preferably eCellars or Vin65(WineDirect).
• Excellent communication skills with fluency in English required.
• Positive and can-do attitude.
• Must be able to work weekends, holidays, evenings
• Must be able to lift 50+ lbs, stand for long periods, and talk to large groups frequently.
• Must be 21 years of age to work in Tasting Operations per California law.
Role: Wine Educator
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision (Full Time)
Exempt/Non-Exempt: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Status: Full Time
Compensation(DOE): Base Hourly, Commissions, and Bonuses