We are a Full service state-of-the-art custom wine production company with customers ranging from ultra-premium wineries, negotiants, and private label to national chains. The spectrum of our services include: custom fruit sourcing, on-going finished bottled wine programs, bulk wine sales, complete AP/CC services, full compliance department, warehousing, label and packaging design.
Our company is a truly exciting and entrepreneurial work environment. We are growing the company dramatically and the need the highest quality sales professionals on our team to keep pace. If you’re seeking a career path to something new and intriguing, this opportunity is for you. We are innovative with products and programs that no other wine company can provide.
The Wine Compliance Administrator is responsible for compliance with all beverage alcohol laws and regulations. They provide advice to Sales and Marketing, and handle the licensing, label registration, and price posting functions as well as conducting internal compliance audits and contributing to the achievement of the departmental mission.
Duties and responsibilities
• Manage all Wholesale and Direct to Consumer (DTC) licenses, permits and renewals, and/or coordinate this with an outside compliance company
• Manage COLA submissions for all labels with TTB and amendments as necessary
• Process label revisions internally or with outside compliance agency for Wholesale and DTC registrations
• Manage FDA registrations for all locations
• Manage additions to Trade Names to Federal Basic Permit
• Manage Fictitious Business Names (FBNs)
• Process TTB 5120 Reporting and excise tax reporting for all Alternating Proprietors – monthly/quarterly/annually as required
• Provide clients with Winegrower/Blenders Report data – annually
• File company Federal and State Excise Tax Reports semi-monthly/monthly as required
• Prepare California Grape Crush Report – annually
• Communicate with outside compliance agency, clients and governmental agencies to obtain information and navigate compliance regulations
• Assist in monitoring compliance systems to ensure their effectiveness
• Assist in designing and implementing improvements in communication, monitoring, or enforcement of compliance standards
• Assist in identifying compliance issues that require follow-up or investigation
• Assist in employee training on compliance related topics, policies, or procedures
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree or minimum 3 years compliance industry experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated patience and tact.
• Exceptional detail and follow-up skills.
• Confident in use of MS Office programs.
• Ability to effectively establish priorities and meet deadlines.