Domaine Chandon, founded in 1973, was the first American sparkling wine venture established by a French Champagne house. Chandon is also part of the Wine & Spirits Division of LVMH - Moet Hennessey Louis Vuitton. A leading sparkling wine producer in the Napa Valley.
Find with us a fantastic opportunity to immerse yourself in the business and learn more about the world of sparkling wine while working at our Visitor Center.
We are currently seeking outgoing individuals with a positive and professional attitude, experience in wine retail, and a genuine passion for hospitality.
The Retail Associate is responsible for participating in day-to-day customer service, sharing the brand message and creating vibrant experiences for all guests. This position requires integrity and passion for excellence in hospitality customer service.
DAILY ACTIVITIES INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
• Welcome guests
• Assist guests with wine and merchandise purchases
• Complete POS sales transactions with accuracy
• Opening and closing procedures
• Restock all wine and merchandise
• Promote Wine Club benefits
Professional experience & know how:
• At least 2 years in retail sales and wine related experience preferred.
• One to two years computerized register experience preferred.
• Strong communication skills with visiting groups of all sizes.
• Communicate through active listening skills and open ended questions to gather immediate and accurate insight into guest needs.
• Knowledge of principles and processes of wine making for providing exceptional visitor experiences.
• Knowledge of Napa Valley wine and food
• Ability to remain calm even under the most stressful situation.
• Strong computer and phone skills.
• Complete multiple tasks with accuracy and urgency.
• Assess situations quickly and respond with appropriate action, taking initiative to problem-solve, if necessary.
• Able to process point-of-sale functions and comprehend mathematics to complete customer transactions.
• Work efficiently and follows company standards, with or without immediate supervision.
• Fluent in English language, second language helpful in communication with visiting public.
• Ability to lift constantly (6 to 8 hours) from 0 to 10lbs, frequently (3 to 6 hours) 11 to 25lbs and on occasion (up to 3 hours,) up to 50lbs.
• Ability to stand between 6 and 8 hours per day.