The District Manager is responsible for managing all on/off premise activities and programming within his/her designated accounts & distributors/brokers to ensure maximum market penetration, brand awareness and sell-through in MA and RI. The incumbent will implement various campaigns and point of sale materials in accordance with the business plan and nationally agreed upon promotions. The incumbent is expected to present / sell merchandising, shelf programs, and brand initiatives to his/her assigned distributor sales team that will increase distribution, achieve Terlato Wines International’s (TWI) objectives and increase consumer pull. This position is responsible for managing all sales within an assigned territory in order to continue to grow TWI’s portfolio of prestigious brands. The incumbent is expected to understand and embrace the Terlato family philosophy, passion and company culture. **Must reside in the Boston area.
• Responsibility includes 80% focus on selling new products and/or upgrading the number of product lines in retail on/off premise accounts. (4 days a week in field, split with distributor work with and individual account calls).
• Responsibility includes 20% focus on distributor management and gaining share of mind with the distributor; collaboration with distributor partners to execute sales goals that are consistent with TWI priorities, i.e., achieves sales quotas.
• Recommends and executes effective programs to increase sales in assigned area.
• Assists with distributor program execution and evaluation (1 day a week at Distributor). Conducts analysis of programs and communicate opportunities and results to Manager.
• Maintains TWI Shelf Standards and Merchandising Standards in on/off premise accounts.
• Manages and coordinates the “Priority Wine List Program” with all key On-Premise accounts.
• Provides exceptional customer service to accounts, calling in orders and conducts specialty tastings, events, sponsorships, promotional activities and wait staff education where legal.
• Calls on approximately 5-8 accounts per day (total 100 accounts).
• Develops relationships with key accounts in assigned territory to ensure awareness of brand portfolio.
• Provides training and assists in developing effective sales techniques with Distributor Partners. Utilize product and business knowledge to educate Distributor Representatives and Accounts to increase product distribution.
• Keeps abreast of new competitive developments and provides feedback to Sales and Marketing teams. Monitors and evaluates the various performance indicators and identifies opportunities to further leverage the Terlato brands within the overall market.
• Completes accurate and timely reports.
• Participates in sales training programs.
• Proactively communicates information with customers, distributors and colleagues.
• Operates within assigned budgetary parameters.
• Execution: Ability to establish priorities and meet or exceed sales goals.
• Results Oriented: Strong work ethic and drive for success.
• Judgment: Makes sound business decisions, in a timely, quality manner.
• Budget Management and Resource Utilization: Conscientious and efficient budget management. Maximizes company profitability and resources in the most effective manner.
• Leadership: Effectiveness in inspiring TWI to perform at maximum capability.
• Sales ability: Effectiveness in inspiring customers to purchase our products.
• Teamwork: Ability to work and communicate productively with colleagues and Sales Management.
• Reports to Director, East Sales
• 3-5 years of experience in the wine/spirits industry, preferably with experience working the New England market
• Strong experience with on-premise fine dining
• Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
• Valid Driver’s License
Personal Skills and Qualities
• Strong business acumen
• Commitment to Customers and Suppliers
• Competitive Urgency
• Pursuit of Excellence
• Results oriented
• Control of the facts of one’s business
• Positive attitude and approach to others
• Accountability and Trust
• Excellent oral and written communication and persuasion skills
• Ability to sell concepts and ideas
• Ability to forge strong relationships
• Adaptability, flexibility, creativity and problem-solving skills
• Concise, articulate and productive communication style
• Self-motivation with the ability to manage competing priorities
• Passion for Work and Terlato Wines International