Do you have a passion for leading a team? Are you known as the go-to person for Maintenance Management? If so, keep reading! As the Maintenance Manager you will lead the Maintenance leadership team and focus on capital projects, driving Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), implementation of new maintenance processes, and reliability strategy development. This role will create and promote an inclusive and innovative team environment. You will manage the team on technical best practices and establish standard policies and procedures while also mentoring and leading the department. The Maintenance Manager reports to the Director of Maintenance.
* People Management
+ Manage, coach and develop a high performing Maintenance team that meets agreed objectives, and which delivers best practice results, added value, technical expertise and continuous improvement.
+ Set department objectives/Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports.
+ Guide staff in assessing, prioritizing and correcting refrigeration, mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment operations.
+ Collaborate with maintenance team to ensure business metrics are accomplished in a timely manner, report on progress and identify any actions required.
+ Identify and deploy technical skill sets, resource levels and systems to deliver projects, including the engagement of external resources as required.
+ Monitor the completion of tasks and ensure good performance and record on appropriate management systems.
+ Promote a culture of trust, safety and respect.
* Maintenance Management
+ Manage maintenance team to ensure optimal machine availability, managing equipment failures and lead to deliver effectively.
+ Optimize equipment according to reliability best practices, enhancing performance and product quality, ensuring the achievement of determined Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
+ Develop and manage an annual departmental budget, including labor, outside contractors, parts and materials, appropriate inventory, utilities, etc.
+ Build strategic working relationships with peers, vendors, and regulatory agencies in achieving and maintaining the accuracy and consistent flow of information, execution of procedures, and performance of overall operations.
+ Ensure that designated buildings, plant, equipment and facilities are fit for purpose and to provide proactive support and solutions when required.
+ Establish and maintain procedures and guidelines for ISO, RMP/PSM, HazMat, and other programs and certifications. Audit and ensure compliance of the maintenance and engineering data systems.
+ Serve as Emergency Coordinator/Incident Commander, if needed.
* Business Reliability Strategy
+ Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice maintenance vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance in alignment with Engineering Services team.
+ Contribute to new business initiatives and projects and review and communicate the impact on Maintenance activities.
+ Develop effective precision, predictive/preventative maintenance strategy to drive reliability best practices.
+ Conduct risk assessments of processes and tasks in the department.
+ Establish and maintain a maintenance inventory management process.
* Project Execution, Contractor/Vendor Management
+ Participates in capital project planning. Maintainability design, Cost estimation, and payback justification.
+ Manage the process of the introduction of new equipment, plant and equipment from drawing up to specification, to managing suppliers through to full installation in collaboration with all relevant parties.
+ Manage the process of disposal of obsolete machinery, plant and equipment from gaining agreement to write off to physically removing it and its safe and lawful disposal.
+ Interact with vendors to exploit technology, purchase equipment and services and resolve long term equipment, training and process issues.
+ Assist and provides recommendation on selection of contracting and vendors and supports vendor/contract management.
* Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Technology, Engineering, Business or related field or Equivalent work experience of 8+ years
* 5 + years of Maintenance leadership experience
* Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems using formal techniques and failures.
* Experience with CMMS system.
* Experience in Manufacturing, food processing, or related field.
* Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical and refrigeration and utilities processes and equipment.
* Compliance experience with Cal-OSHA, EPA, PSM and other codes/regulations.
* 2+ years of Food & Beverage experience.
* Certified Reliability Maintenance Professional (CMRP) Certification.
* Experience using reliability maintenance centered techniques, root cause analysis, LEAN Six Sigma to create a proactive work environment that is focused on continuous improvement at the best cost.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
* Must be at least 21 years of age.
* Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods.
* Must be able to climb stairs.
* Lifting may be required.
+ Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Works outdoors/indoors
* Works in warm/cold climates
* Works in high places
* Works on wet surfaces
* Is exposed to loud noise, fumes and/or toxic chemicals
* Works near moving, mechanical parts and lift truck traffic
* Must be able to move up to 55 lbs.
* Primary office environment may be production/distribution setting
Canandaigua, New York
Operations and Production
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal emplo