Take advantage of this rare opportunity to join one of Monterey County’s premier wineries. Founded in 1982, Joullian is a premium vineyard and winery with a long history of producing award-winning wines from the fast-growing Carmel Valley AVA. In addition to having a well-established local retail operation and wine club, Joullian distributes wholesale both nationally and internationally to some of the biggest wine markets in the world.
Who We Are Looking For:
Joullian is currently developing its event program and is looking for a qualified individual to lead this effort. The ideal candidate should have a strong background in event coordination with a minimum of 3 years working in the event industry. A high level of knowledge and/or experience in wedding planning is also preferred. Candidates with backgrounds in other industries may be considered if they can show that their unique experience and qualifications make them an ideal fit for this position.
The Marketing and Event Coordinator will be responsible for creating and implementing strategies to increase events held at the vineyard and winery. She/he will also assist in planning and promoting events hosted by Joullian.
Key Job Responsibilities:
• Create awareness of the event sites available at Joullian
• Develop relationships with local businesses to attract business from them and their clientele
• Assist clients in planning events at the vineyard and winery
• Provide day of coordination for events
• Plan and prepare event contracts, floor plans, and timelines
• Brainstorm new events with Tasting Room Manager
• Maintain and grow vendor relationships
• Assist in the tasting room when necessary
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the event industry
• Proven history developing and implementing plans to grow events
• Strong communication (both verbal and written)
• Previous experience as a wedding event coordinator
• Knowledge of the wine industry
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Adobe Acrobat and Vinsuite
• Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
This is a full-time position with benefits available after successful completion of an introductory period. Part-time applicants will be considered based on experience and demonstrated achievements. Benefits include: Medical, 401(k), Bonus Program, Sick Time, Vacation, and Paternity / Maternity leave.