The Visitor Center Manager upholds the Hall Wines philosophy of quality, elegance and exceptional customer service, by working as part of a successful Visitor Center team. The Visitor Center Manager trains staff members, is responsible for daily opening and closing procedures, and oversees administrative and operational duties as directed by the Director of Hospitality. This role will additionally assist with program development, implementation and execution of SOP’s and hiring and training new staff, to ensure the highest standards of HALL winery guest experiences and wine education.
College degree preferred.
Minimum 21 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages.
3-5 Years experience as a Tasting Room Manager, Hospitality Manager, or Hotel/Restaurant Manager.
Knowledge of wine, particularly Napa Valley wines, winemaking, and wine service.
Knowledge and experience with Hospitality and Customer Service.
Ability to satisfactorily speak and understand English.
Knowledge of and comfort with technology and systems
Must agree to participate in random drug testing as required
Proficiency in written and verbal communication
Ability to respond to any and all situations that arise in a high volume visitor center, and to think clearly and remain calm under pressure.
Ability to abide by and uphold standards, policies and procedures as outlined by President of HALL Wines.
Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments; multi-task; attention to detail.
Ability to motivate and lead staff to maintain a cohesive and successful team.
Ability to direct staff and delegate tasks where and when as needed to achieve success.
Ability to anticipate and understand needs of visitors and create relative programming to uphold the utmost satisfaction of guests and visitors.
Ability to create customer service standards and training programs
Ability to promote positive relations with all staff in all departments, guests and visitors.
• Manage the day to day operations of the facility including opening, closing, flow of service and team management.
• Uphold and implement SOP’s relating to customer service, wine education, hospitality, operations and systems
• Gain a comprehensive understanding and utilize Salesforce, Revel, Magento, Shipcompliant and CellarPass to analyze the business
• Participate in wine and merchandise inventory control, payroll management, scheduling, and reservations/property management.
• Ensure the integrity of the tasting room, collateral and property at all times
• Assist with business development/outreach efforts.
• Support Private Experiences and Internal Events as needed
• Responsible for overseeing corrective and disciplinary action necessary in a team environment to maintain best possible moral in the new facility.
• Accountable to the Director of Hospitality, President and Owners to produce the maximum results and with the best possible management of expenses
and resources to achieve the vision set forth for the HALL brand
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to bond with and motivate a successful team towards big picture goals of Visitor Center
• Complete other duties and responsibilities as required by the winery.
Requires continuous standing and carrying less than 50 lbs.; climbing, stooping, twisting and fine manipulation; intermittent bending
Hours & days required:
Flexibility is required. Work will include evenings and weekends based upon business demands.