Chimney Rock Winery is seeking exceptional individuals to join our team as Wine Educator!
We are deeply driven by our passion for our wines, our vineyards, our people and the amazing property we feel privileged to work with. Discover our wines, share your knowledge with others and participate in signature events, tastings and tours. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a truly dedicated team and be a brand champion, committed to providing exceptional personal service to all visitors of our winery.
Our Wine Educators:
• Are enthusiastic and devoted to their duties, customers and co-workers.
• Have mastery of Chimney Rock Winery's story and are able to communicate it with passion.
• Possess the ability to anticipate guest’s needs and provide exceptional service
• Are skilled salespeople and have an awareness of sales goals.
• Support all management initiatives of the Terlato family and the winery management team.
• Demonstrate productivity and initiative.
• Are dependable, timely and detail-oriented.
• Are at least 21 years of age.
Responsibilities of the Position:
• Facilitate memorable experiences for guests.
• Take guests on interactive and educational winery tours.
• Apply your wine knowledge and sales talent to selling product in the retail room and at winery events.
• Complete all Tasting Room procedures, which include but are not limited to opening and closing the Tasting Room.
• Perform outreach projects as assigned by management.
• Assist events team with onsite hosting as needed.
Skills & Qualifications:
• Prior tasting room, events or other sales (hospitality focused) experience is highly desired.
• Ability to work some weekends
We are proud to offer a competitive compensation plan including monthly tasting room commissions and wine club bonus opportunities. Our expanded benefits package includes a choice of 3 medical plans, dental, vision, paid vacation and personal leave, company-paid life insurance, 401k at date of hire with company match, great winery discounts with access to the Terlato Wines portfolio, tuition reimbursement and student loan assistance.
Chimney Rock Winery is part of the Terlato Wine Group, our parent company comprising several businesses specializing in the marketing and production of exceptional wines. Owned and operated by the Terlato family for four generations, the Group also includes the family’s winery investments and partnerships in some of the world’s most esteemed wine regions including: Napa Valley; Sonoma County; Sta. Rita Hills in Santa Barbara County; Victoria, Australia; France's Rhône Valley and Montalcino, Italy.