Provides proactive leadership in all aspects of Tasting Room operations and works to develop a team that passionately promotes the winery brand and creates a memorable guest experience for every consumer. Establishes and effectively maintains high standards of performance in all areas, including but not limited to: supervision and management of a team of employees, customer service and experiences, meeting/exceeding sales and budget goals, winery hospitality events, visual presentation of the tasting room consistent with the brand image and ensuring on-going training and development of tasting room personnel.
• Successfully oversees and implements all aspects of day-to-day tasting room operations: sales plans and initiatives, customer service, inventory accuracy, cash reconciliation, shipping orders, staff hiring, training and development, local outreach.
• Responsible for promoting and maintaining a customer service centric team culture and work to continue to improve the customer experience. .
• Be actively involved in the hiring, termination, advancement, promotion and other change of status of employees.
• Provides clear, on-going communication to tasting room staff providing consistent and timely direction, establishing specific and clearly communicated performance goals and delivering meaningful regular performance reviews.
• Manages a diverse team of 15+ employees
• Develops and maintains a consistent, reliable means of monitoring tasting room performance through delivery of monthly sales and referral reports. Monitors sales trends and budget, adjusting business strategies as needed to meet target revenue goals.
• Promotes the winery brand and develops solid client base by working with the DTC Marketing Team to plan and develop events and outreach strategies for both consumer and corporate business and events.
• Evaluates effectiveness of programs by performing periodic reviews and auditing customer feedback on a regular basis. Implement changes as needed to reach plan and objectives.
• Coaches and develops associates so they represent the highest level of expertise available in the wine industry with an emphasis on customer service, wine education and gracious hospitality. Lead by example to provide daily, hands-on leadership to the Tasting Room staff.
• Executes hospitality events and visitor programs in a manner that is well organized, within budget and consistent with marketing direction on brand image.
• Possess commanding knowledge of POS system, including ability to effectively perform opening and closing procedures.
• Works with the leadership team to ensure that all staff are updated with all current wine and marketplace information including distributor information, market wine pricing and new release timing.
• Supports trade hospitality events as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Education:
• Ability to work and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while maintaining a high level of detail orientation.
• Possesses strong customer service orientation, tact and diplomacy.
• Must have strong initiative and work ethic and influence subordinates in same.
• Proven leadership skills and management skills; can effectively manage a diverse staff to exceptional performance.
• Possesses strong computer savvy including MS Word and Excel proficiency.
• Skilled in utilizing POS software and J.D. Edwards software.
• Knowledge of merchandising wine and non-wine items is required.
• Three to five years prior relevant retail, sales, supervisory experience.
• College course work, degree and/or equivalent experience in business/retail management and hospitality preferred.
• Flexible, effective with diverse cliental, professional at all times.
• Must be fluent in English.
• Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
• Ability to routinely lift and move 50 pounds.
• Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time.