Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform safety inspections on equipment and fix any problems.
• Hook up, inspect, and repair implements.
• Perform welding and fabricating tasks without supervision.
• Order and purchase parts and supplies within spending limits.
• Drive to vineyard locations and perform field services/repairs.
• Safely operate hand and power tools.• Keep Shop Manager informed of progress on their assigned work.
• Operate a forklift.
• Haul grapes during harvest with any vehicle appropriate with appropriate drivers license.
• Keep work area clean and safe.
• Operate a steam cleaner.
• Operate service truck and equipment trailer to haul equipment and supplies.
• Flexibility to changing work priorities and hours of work as needed.
• Fabrication of agriculture implements.
• Keep assigned company service truck clean and maintained.
• Must follow all of the company's safety rules and regulations at all times.
• Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Training:
• Must be able to read and understand service/repair manuals• Must understand automotive/tractor electrical and be able to read electrical diagrams and repair 6, 12, & 24 volt systems.
• Needs to understand tractor/implement hydraulics.• Must supply own tools.• Must have at least a valid Class C driver's license with no restrictions, unless working on Class A or B vehicles which would require a Class A or B.
• Must be able to follow written and verbal directions.• Must be able to work safely.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Must be able to lift over 100 lbs.
Must be able to work weekends and/or overtime as needed.
This job description is not limited to the duties described and may be subject to change as needed.