SUMMARY: Provides food and beverage services to guests in a friendly, efficient, and professional manner; ensures a positive experience for all guests. Assists with event set-up and tear-down.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects management's definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
• Assists with event pack-out, set-up and tear-down including china, tables, chairs, linen, and other event equipment
• Responds to guests questions regarding food and beverage items and has knowledge about ingredients and varietals
• Opens/presents/pours wines in a professional manner as needed from bar or tableside
• Communicates with Event Manager or Event Chef any special guest requests or allergies
• Maintains knowledge of and strictly abides by state liquor regulations; verifies legal drinking age of guests as needed.
• Refills guests' beverages as requested; monitors guests during meals to provide for all needs.
• Serves, clears and busses tables as needed using an Open Service style to minimize interruption to guests
• Possesses and maintains knowledge of all beverage selections available and characteristics/description of winebeing served at that event; menu items, preparation method/time, ingredients, sauces, portion sizes
• Maintains cleanliness and sanitation at all times; performs opening and closing duties
• Resolves guest problems/complaints; utilizes best judgment in resolving issues or refers to Event Manager or Chef as needed.
• Works with other staff members to ensure optimum service to all guests; food delivered in a timely and coordinated manner; proper silverware on table prior to food delivery, proper wines with each course, etc.
• Completes all necessary paperwork; timesheets, event follow-up worksheets, incident reports
• Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
• Previous experience in a fine dining / catering setting.
• Thorough knowledge of state liquor regulations; ability to identify when a guest has had his/her alcohol limit.
• Strong organizational skills; ability to manage priorities and workflow
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work at various winery locations including outside, in caves, in vineyards with constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
• Excellent customer service skills
• Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
• Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
• Professional appearance and demeanor
• Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
• Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
• Stand and walk for long periods of time.
• Lift and move up to 50 pounds.
• Open multiple bottles of wine.
• Understand and respond to a diverse population.
• Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously