About the Company
Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) is one of the world's largest wine companies, listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). The Company has a rich heritage and a portfolio of some of the most recognized and awarded wine brands in the world, including Penfolds, Pepperjack, Wynns, Beaulieu Vineyard, Beringer, Wolf Blass, 19 Crimes, Matua, Chateau St Jean, Sterling Vineyards, Gabbiano, Lindeman's and Rawson's Retreat. TWE is focused on portfolio premiumization and brand-led marketing, with world-class production facilities in internationally recognized wine regions. The Company sources grapes from a mix of owned, leased and third-party vineyards. Employing approximately 3,400 winemakers, viticulturists, sales, marketing, distribution and support staff across the globe, TWE's wine is sold in more than 100 countries around the world. Learn more about Treasury Wine Estates at www.tweglobal.com
The Senior Regional Luxury Sales Manager is a field based sales leadership role dedicated to TWE's Luxury portfolio. This leadership role is responsible for team activation and delivery of the Luxury portfolio depletion sales budget and expenses management within their region. The Luxury sales teams will focus on channel and key account execution. This candidate has strong planning and communication skills as they drive and support all luxury trade marketing activities in region. They must work collaboratively within the UST sales, marketing, trade marketing, and DTC teams to ensure high level of execution and ROI.
Key Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
Culture and Capability
• Drive a team culture that embodies the TWE Growth Behaviors: Collaboration, Trust, Belief, Focus
• Create a high-performance team of accountability. Support development in capability through personal and team on-going participation in The TWE Sales Academy training and framework
Plan & Align
• Long-term planning and execution of all in market and national luxury trade activation
• Strategic input and direction of luxury initiatives/execution with in TWE, and distributor/trade partners
• Develop and manage distributor, team, and personal target account lists that result in increased luxury market share in region - DRIVE AVAILBITY
• Collaborate w/ State and other Luxury teams for all NPD's & other luxury initiatives like Luxury Blitzes and Winemaker travel
• Effectively manage national programs when appropriate
• Collaborate w/ Trade Marketing to create and deliver luxury/on premise selling materials & share best practices
• Luxury release events, winemaker travel and blitzes planned and executed in region to achieve established ROI
Distributor & TWE Team Communication
• Proactive communication with distributor and account partners, ensuring high level of execution and results
• Alignment with key distributor partners on luxury strategy activation and KPI's
• Inventory planning and communicating throughout network (new icon releases, NPD, DI's)
• Ensure team is across all TWE priorities and brand strategy - they are set up to succeed and are the resource in their region for all luxury inquiries
• Deliver luxury depletion budget through increasing TWE's share of mind w/ on premise & luxury team at the Distributor through time in the Field: Blitz/Work With's
• Drive Data capture during in-market events in coordination with DTC
• Owns relationship & visibility w/ key players/accounts (trade) in the market and top accounts in the region
• Monthly meeting w/ SVP of Luxury and State Managers to review performance, key account results, plan for upcoming events, align on priorities & devise plans to course correct to close any gaps to the plan
• Drive/Manage compliance for ONSA or regional retail accounts, along w/ activation of optional placements
• Manage all aspects of Luxury Sampling Events Program coordinated with TWE DMs
• Time Allocations
• Minimum of 3 days a week spent in markets selling and/or supporting regional reps
• In market event ownership in coordination with the Events team and DTC
• Attend monthly GSM's and distributor planning and performance recap meetings
Qualifications and Experience:
• 3-5 years of Sales experience
• BA/BS degree required or equivalency in training and experience
• Excellent proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Ability to use programs for presentation preparation, budgets and basic analysis
• On-Premise / Fine Wine Channel experience preferred
• Strong organizational and analytical skills
• Ability to effectively handle multitask projects
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work under own initiative without much supervision
• Ability to maintain positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that gets along with clients, customers, co-workers and management
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Strong persuasive presentation skills, including the ability to speak before large audiences both internally or externally required.
• Understanding of luxury marketing
• Wine knowledge - certifications are a plus
• Proven record of leading high performing teams
• Proven negotiation skills; ability to effectively produce win-win solutions.
• Experience in managing -multi-tier brands.
• High level of creativity and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to influence and motivate others to meet objectives under sometimes restrictive timelines.
• Strong analytical skills required. Ability to develop customer / distributor strategies, programs, and promotions based on competitive data to meet overall company objectives while meeting customer needs is essential.
• Willing to travel as needed. Travel will be a large component of the role to spend time in market.