Rodney Strong Wine Estates is a family owned company that farms 14 estate vineyards and crafts wines from Sonoma County’s finest appellations – Alexander Valley, Russian River Valley, Chalk Hill, Dry Creek Valley, and Sonoma Coast. The winery was founded in 1959 by Sonoma County wine pioneer Rodney D. Strong as the 13th bonded winery in the county. It was purchased by the Klein family, a third generation California farming family, in 1989. The company aspires to conserve and protect the environment in all its operations through sustainable practices, solar power, and fish friendly farming.
We are currently seeking a Marketing Coordinator who will support the Marketing Department by performing the coordination of marketing duties, initiatives and projects. This is a fast paced, team driven environment and focus on detail and meeting deadlines is of utmost importance.
• Administer the marketing budget including routing invoices, re-classifying, creating POs, coordinating with accounting dept, creating reports and disseminating to the team
• Coordinate the packaging process with the Associate Brand Manager and Brand Managers for the department including routing labels and managing to timelines with
internal and external vendors, coordinate etching process for large format bottles, maintain UPC and product spec list and support export packaging needs
• Coordinate with multiple teams to create wine tech sheets. This includes working with winemaking and brand teams to develop content, taste wines and finalize tech sheets
and then disseminate to all teams
• Digital assets management and organization for the marketing department with focus on keeping assets current and placed on all relevant sites including web sites,
marketing server and Sharepoint. Resize, distribute, organize, update and convert formats where needed
• Coordinate asset management for all external sites from distributor sites such as SGWS to retailers including Meijer and Seven Fifty, etc.
• Assist with execution of regional and recurring promotional campaigns, including point of sale materials, sales support, allocations and evaluation. Coordinate print
production of custom collateral
• Coordinate POS in local POS room and with online ordering system ranging from administration of site to reordering inventory and executing pos requests from sales as well
as any other necessary POS coordination for department. This includes creation of acclaim POS where necessary
• Assist with/coordinate the administration of incentives/events ranging from ordering apparel to coordinating gift bags to setting up car service and support any events on site
• Coordinate ordering and delivery of marketing wine sample requests, office supplies, mailings, sales kits and blending kits on as needed basis for sales and marketing teams
• Assist social media position with support for Revfluence/ influencer marketing platforms and with content creation and tracking needs when necessary
• Perform marketing program tracking for specific projects such as 6Ls, decanters, glassware, etc.
• Perform administrative marketing duties and assist on execution of marketing projects as needed
• Perform website admin: update/maintain all brand websites: images, copy and accolade info, etc. Distribute web reports to key sales/marketing staff on a monthly basis
• Interact with departments (i.e. Sales, Hospitality and IT) and outside agencies to ensure brand standards are communicated and projects are completed on a timely basis
• Assist with coordination and execution of marketing events / tastings, dinners, National Sales Meeting
• Prepare presentations for marketing as needed – Power Point / Excel including analysis of reports, data and any relevant ROI assessments
• Light graphic design tasks may be assigned – sales support items (i.e. sell sheets, ads, signage, etc.)
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
• Two or more years’ experience with minimum one year in marketing, with BA or equivalent. Previous wine industry experience preferred
• Excellent communication skills – verbal and written; exceptional organizational and time management skills
• Strong attention to detail with ability to prioritize and coordinate across multiple teams
• Advanced computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet)
• Proficiency with Photoshop & Illustrator preferred
• Website experience, knowledge of databases, basic HTML desired. Knowledge of ecommerce solutions and direct marketing; Internet savvy
• Strong analytical skills and acute attention to detail
• Motivated, team-oriented, positive, self-starter with proven track record of effective project management and multi-tasking skills with the ability to be flexible and adapt to a
The traditional methods of performing job functions for this position are reflected below. Reasonable accommodations may be made when such accommodations do not create an undue hardship.
• Ability to communicate in a clear, understandable speaking voice, capable of communicating vital business information to internal/external contacts
• Ability to remain seated for extended periods of time; job duties of this position are primarily performed from a seated position with significant computer work
• Ability to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, kneel, talk, see and hear
• Ability to walk to and through winery production areas and ability to lift a case of wine
• Must possess and maintain a valid CA driver’s license with clean driving record
Rodney Strong Wine Estates offers a very competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package. Please respond with resume and letter of introduction.