Reporting to the Controller, this individual is responsible for supporting all accounting functions for Montinore Estate and the Ackley Beverage Group. The Senior Accountant / Accounting Manager is responsible for the preparation of all GAAP financial statements and management reports and assists the Controller in preparation of financial budgets and forecasts. The individual will be responsible for developing and implementing accounting processes and procedures to facilitate timely month-end closes.
• Prepare GAAP financial statements and departmental management reports, including sales, inventory, wine costs, budget to actuals and cash forecasts.
• Perform and maintain monthly reconciliations of all balance sheet general ledger accounts and investigate any discrepancies.
• Responsible for all Fixed Asset recognition and depreciation schedules.
• Responsible for Inventory recognition schedules including bottled, bulk and work in process inventory and implementation of scheduled physical counts.
• Manage General Ledger. Prepare and post general journal entries.
• Manage all bank accounts including daily cash positions and real-time checking account ledgers including outstanding items.
• Responsible for semi-monthly corporate payroll processing and reports.
• Assist corporate services team with medical insurance and 401(K) administration.
• Assist management team with HR needs and requests.
• Develop policies and procedures required to implement accounting best practices and reliable internal controls.
• Direct the daily activities and priorities of our on-site accounting staff.
• Manage all federal, state and local wine tax and compliance reporting. Work with vendor partners to ensure all multi-state taxes are calculated correctly and paid on time.
• Review and authorize new customer credit limit requests.
• Responsible for A/R service based collections to ensure customers pay us on time and we achieve company target for Days Sales Outstanding.
• Prepare cash flow reports and assistance with weekly cash flow planning, and management of vendor payments.
• Assist in the preparation of reports provided to third parties including bankers, auditors, insurance companies and tax authorities.
• Prepare all documents and related compliance reports for yearend CPA review.
• Management and administration of business records retention policy.
• Configure and maintain accounting system (Traverse) including integrations with other systems (Payroll, 401(k), Medical Benefits, Point of Sale, Direct to Consumer Shipping, Tax Compliance)
• 4-year accounting degree
• 5 years as a senior accountant and/or supervisory accounting experience in a wine manufacturing environment
• Excellent communication and technology skills, proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, QuickBooks, Vin65 and Traverse.
• Solid understanding of GAAP and experience building consolidated financial statements.
Expect some travel to our corporate headquarters in Seattle, Washington.