Established by French Champagne house Moet & Chandon, and a part of the LVMH Moet Hennessy- Louis Vuitton group, Domaine Chandon is the brand home for Napa's Favorite sparkling wine. Find with us a fantastic opportunity to immerse yourself in the business and learn more about the world of sparkling wine from the sparkling wine specialists of the Napa.
The NPD Intern will support the NPD & Innovation Manager with New Packaging Development projects. He/she will work with multifunctional teams to ensure that new product & packaging are correctly documented and delivered on-time, in a cost efficient way to meet company quality standards.
The internship will begin in January of 2019 and conclude in July 2019 (approximatley 6 months).
Job Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Packaging Development / NPD support (75%)
• Help ensure that all new projects follow the NPD established process and assist the NPD Project Manager & Packaging Buyer with the management of the associated NPD forms from info gathering, updates to final submission.
• Work with Production and Maintenance and Quality to ensure all dry goods have a high level of quality performance on the line, and are fit for purpose appropriate trials
• Help plan and facilitate trials - Conduct quality inspection and subsequent technical assessment in house or through 3rd party testing laboratories - Write and or publish final testing reports to the internal and external stakeholders.
• Maintain packaging trial protocols and trial reports database.
• Supports with the set-up and the update as necessary, of procedures related to new developments including testing protocols for materials (quantities and test requirements by material, timelines, and communication regarding trials and outcomes of testing) with agreed upon input from internal stakeholders.
• Support with editing and set-up of technical specifications of new dry goods with NPD Project Manager& Packaging
• Assist with leading new projects during project meetings, write minutes, and follow-up action plans and timelines
Packaging Quality and Project Buying (20%)
• Work with the vendors to ensure high quality and timeliness of delivery of new dry goods.
• The NPD intern will also monitor packaging quality and packaging suppliers performance through incoming goods inspections, logging and investigation of Packaging Non Conformances with the suppliers until resolution, with the support of NPD PM & Packaging Buyer and Purchasing and NPD Manager when applicable.
• Help coordinate dry goods Copacking activities - all related to NPD- between the dry good suppliers, the subcontracting facility and the internal stakeholders (Production planning, Warehouse, Production), from components order to "finished" dry goods receipt at the winery
• Review and confirm validity of invoices before Accounts Payable processes. Investigate invoices / POs discrepancies and issues internally and with the suppliers until resolution.
Other Operations Activities (5%)
• Other miscellaneous projects or assistance to the NPD / Purchasing team.
• Label compliance (US and export) - Initiate the label compliance process with the label updates requests to the in-house designer and follow up until final approval (TTB certificate for the US, Market approval for the export markets) is approved.
Languages: Fluent in English
Professional experience & know how:
• Previous experience in a technical position in a manufacturing environment is an advantage.
• Exposure to or experience in Packaging or packaging equipment design, control or validation of packaging components is a plus
• Good knowledge of company best practices is appreciated.
Technical & management skills:
• Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks and work with multifunctional teams and external contacts
• Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a harmonious manner with ALL business and management.
• Knowledge of Illustrator. Photoshop is a plus.
• Knowledge of SAP a plus (MM Module preferred).
• Ability to adapt to many different functions and activities.
Personal & Interpersonal skills:
• Team player and Good communicator (written and oral)
• Business acumen, diplomacy, integrity.
Core competencies: Action and result focus, Proactivity, Creativity, Dealing with Ambiguity, Priority Setting, Problem Solving, Attention to Detail and Leadership Skills.