The Facilities Manager is responsible for maintenance management and associated activities including overseeing outside contractors, assessing and maintaining equipment; condition, operation, and reliability through Preventative Maintenance planning. Ensures the infrastructure of multiple facilities is preserved and performing at peak levels. The Facilities Manager manages projects, budgets, and improves machinery, facility, and infrastructure reliability. Elevates overall equipment, processes, and documentation to achieve maximum potential. Acts as project manager for operations transitions or new facilities from the perspective of maintenance requirements.
* Understands, communicates, and shares Company vision throughout division/organization and provides cross-functional perspective, direction, and support
* Provides leadership and personal support; leads by example
* Drives Company focus, manages culture, encourages strong work ethic, and fosters an environment of trust and respect
* Communicates and supports Company policies and decisions in a positive manner
* Handles employee issues, concerns, and complaints in an objective and confidential manner
* Provides employees with a safe, comfortable, and rewarding work environment
* Provides input and assists with the monitoring of the department budget
* Manages current and future maintenance requirements and maintains Delicato Napa bottling, cellar, tasting room, administrative, and hospitality facilities. Develops and manages preventative and reactive maintenance actions (with input from appropriate functional areas), schedules, prioritizes and conducts/contracts work activities and projects based on daily requirements, production priorities and longer term planning. Requests materials and supplies in support of these work activities as per Delegation of Authority guidelines
* Submits, budgets and manages capital projects at multiple sites
* Develops, implements and manages the necessary tools, systems and reports to ensure optimum performance levels, identify production equipment/system/process abnormalities and monitors equipment and associated problems. Uses this information and other key data to drive continuous improvement
* Enforces Safety, ISO/FSSC, GMP, DOE, LEAN and other applicable business critical standards ensuring potential issues or other related items are communicated and dealt with in compliance with company standards
* Manages Napa Bottling staff in the Bottling Manager's absence. Provides training and direction to staff on machine operation and related maintenance processes
* Collaborates with VP of Engineering & Maintenance, BSEW General Manager other managers, team members and stakeholders to ensure maximum utilization of resources, productivity and equipment/infrastructure performance
* Develops & updates Preventative Maintenance system and requirements utilizing computerized maintenance management software. Creates and maintains equipment and facility work request and/or performance histories, trends, etc. to best address mechanical repairs or replacements
* Summarizes daily reports into monthly data
* Reviews data for machinery defects, product response plans and product dispositions; recommends and implements improvements
*Other duties may be assigned
Education and Experience
* AA/AS degree in mechanical, electrical, or industrial maintenance (basic refrigeration and electrical a plus)
* At least 5-7 years mechanical experience in Industrial Maintenance and 2-3 years leadership/supervisory experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Possesses ability to analyze test results, machine error messages, blueprints, repair manuals, parts catalogs, and information obtained from operators to understand, diagnose and correct equipment problems.
* Ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events), possesses the ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
* Knowledge of analytical, scientific, spreadsheet, word processing, facilities maintenance, and e-mail software.
* Knowledge of maintenance related electronic equipment and computer hardware and software, including applications, programming, and PLC ladder logic.
* Basic understanding of preventive maintenance programs (MMS)
Constant exposure to the elements and temperature variation working both indoors and outdoors and occasionally at heights up to 45 feet. Some work areas require ear and eye protection. Exposure to standard maintenance material including batteries, lubricating fluids, paints, solvents, etc.
• Acts in a manner reflective of the Company culture of High Moral Standards, Innovation and Continuous Evolution, Trust in Team, Continuous Improvement, and Sustainable Relationships
• Communicates, interacts, and works effectively with others; receptive to feedback and coaching; voices concerns in a constructive manner
• Demonstrates commitment to safety first; communicates safety concerns; promotes a safe work environment based on established safety standards and training
• Follows all Company policies and procedures
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
Must be comfortable working in confined spaces and at heights up to 50 feet. Must be able to wear PPE, including respirator. Exposed to noisy environments. Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions. Required to talk & listen. May be exposed to hazardous materials
Delicato Family Vineyards offers its employees a generous and comprehensive benefits package. The core health insurance components include medical, dental and vision, where Delicato covers nearly the entire cost for employees and a large percentage for dependents. Additional health benefits include life, di