Scheid Family Wines has an exciting career opportunity for a Director of Marketing based in our Salinas office in Monterey County.
Founded in Monterey County in 1972, Scheid Family Wines is one of the fastest growing wine companies in the country with extensive estate vineyard holdings and a state-of-the-art winery campus. In addition to our flagship Scheid Vineyards brand, we produce and market over two dozen core and exclusive brands including District 7, Metz Road, Ranch 32 and Ryder Estate.
SUMMARY: The Director of Marketing will lead all marketing efforts for the Scheid Family Wines portfolio of brands. The position is located in Salinas, California. The Director of Marketing has a broad range of responsibilities including: Develop overall corporate marketing strategy to build our national brands and strengthen consumer awareness and overall engagement. Develop new brands in the private label arena as needed to build and enhance relationships with key accounts. Develop and execute marketing programs and leading business analysis and project management. Build a strong marketing team, be an active leader within the marketing team and collaborate with cross-functional groups across the organization. Effectively represent brands with our internal sales team, distributor network, retail trade and consumers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for development and execution of strategic and annual marketing plans which address all aspects of the marketing mix including pricing, packaging, advertising, promotion, public relations, digital and social media marketing, market research, and new product development.
• Manage day-to-day brand management activities – positioning, pricing, support materials, sampling, accolades and sales support as needed.
• Develop brand identity and define brand attributes for each brand – artwork, web sites, fact sheets, sell sheets, tech sheets, etc.
• Work with sales leadership, key on and off premise strategic accounts, internal field sales, and distributor personnel, to develop marketing programs and identify opportunities to expand the business in existing channels of trade.
• Develop and execute annual and long-term brand plans.
• Manage all outside agency initiatives in support of the brand business objectives to include promotion, digital and advertising agencies if applicable.
• Manage detailed analysis of consumer data and trend insights to drive methods of building brands.
• Collaborate with internal business partners to enlist support and gain alignment on strategic brand plans.
• Represent marketing on departmental and cross-functional projects that improve our product, positioning and price points.
• Build a strong marketing organization. Recruit, mentor and coach team member development and build a strong group of marketing professionals.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's Degree required.
• Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in a Brand Management/Marketing Management position in a consumer products company required; wine industry experience preferred.
• Experience in identifying key consumer insights, refining brand position and developing brand strategies.
• Experience managing agencies to create consumer facing and creative point of sale/merchandising materials, which support that positioning.
• Experience building teams and managing people, with the ability to provide coaching and guidance to further develop employee skills.
• Proven desire and ability to think creatively, coupled with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent communications skills; very articulate, strong public speaking and writing skills, strong interpersonal skills, strong cross functional skills, ability to work well within a team.
• Excellent organizational and project management skills, ability to prioritize, and solid financial acumen.
• Strong PC skills (Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter, able to work without daily guidance and possess a passion for and desire to be immersed in the wine business. This is a hands-on role that requires a strong interest in building, managing and leading a marketing organization in the midst of significant growth.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects and/or keyboard. Required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch. Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 lbs. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. This job requires use of the computer and phone.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a complete listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities or activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Scheid Family Wines offers a competitive base compensation, bonus, and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, matching 401(k) and paid time off. Employees enjoy a large discount on our products.
Scheid Family Wines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.