Position Title: Marketing & Brand Manager
Location: Oakland, CA // Jack London Square
Manager: Managing Director & Andréa McBride
Package: Full-Time Employee with Competitive Salary, Benefits
The McBride Sisters are the first African-American sisters to found and own a wine company. You can find the McBride Sisters Wine Collection at retailers nationwide and can read more about their fascinating story here: https://www.forbes.com/sites/megykarydes/2015/12/04/mcbride-sisters-california-wine-company-truvee/#78b4bcd57929.
We are experiencing rapid growth and looking for an experienced Marketing & Brand Manager to join our team to create strategic marketing and branding plans that will take us to the next level. The ideal candidate will be an ambitious self-starter with prior experience in wine/spirits (or just a go-getter!) who can hit the ground running from day one. They will become a champion of our brand, understand and be able to represent our unique voice, and get our message out to the world. This is a truly exciting time to join our growing company - we can’t wait to meet you!
- Assist our leadership team in creating strategic marketing & branding plans with clear digestible, implementable deliverables and milestones
- Social media management: curate exciting and differentiating content, review copy, create & maintain a social/engagement calendar, develop campaigns that will cultivate and preserve a strong social presence and manage agency partners
- Digital media management: proficient understanding of SEO, content categorization, structure, distribution and measurement
- Media/PR management: including media, donation & sample requests, liaison brand collaboration, light PR and fielding incoming appearance and media requests
- Create lead generation marketing plan for direct to consumer & online sales platform
- Manage and curate every touch point of our winelovers’ brand experience including the tasting room (early 2019), retail shelf, online shop, lifestyle events and wine clubs
- Collaborate and support the sales team with innovative and effective trade communications and marketing campaigns
- Ad hoc projects as necessary
- 5-6 years Marketing experience, prior wine/spirits industry experience preferred
- Familiarity with Mac & Google Suite
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in marketing or a related field preferred
- Understanding of SEO, content categorization, structure, distribution and measurement
- Strong track record of successful marketing campaigns
- Impeccable attention to detail, follow through and extremely organized
- Ability to work productively independently or in team settings
- Clear, concise communication and ability to work well with wide range of personalities
If it sounds like we’re looking for you, send an email to careers at mcbridesisters dot com with subject line: Marketing Manager Role - ‘your full name here’. No need for fancy cover letters. Just include your resume, any social links (LinkedIn, FB, IG) and why you think you’re the best fit for this role in your email. Thank you!