We are looking for a skilled and hardworking individual to join our small, talented team in creating one of the most amazing destinations in Napa Valley. You should be experienced in landscape maintenance, irrigation repair and analysis, and advanced pruning and trimming skills. This position assists in the planning, organizing, directing, and coordinating of all the activities of the landscaping and occasionally third-party contractors. Must have experience in the profession and a desire to learn new methods and processes in care and management of landscapes and gardens. Position requires a responsible individual with sustainable horticultural practices and knowledge base. This is a full-time position and some weekends. This includes both new landscaping and maintenance, vegetable garden management and groundskeeping activities.
Landscape Installation & Maintenance:
- Mow, weed-whack, plant, prune, rake, sweep, spray, and fertilize.
- Install and maintain irrigation.
- Maintain year-round herb and vegetable garden and fruiting trees.
- Hand weed all landscaped areas and roadside raceways.
- Debris removal.
- Window, concrete, and building washing.
- Clean and polish steel gates and structural architectural steel.
- Replace burned out light bulbs.
- Clean shared work areas.
- Setup and breakdown for events.
- Maintain landscaping tools and power equipment in optimal condition.
- Organize tool and equipment storage areas.
- Maintain inventories.
Qualifications & Specific Skills:
- Three years’ experience in luxury estate groundskeeping work.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards with acute attention to detail.
- Team player; collaborative, positive, flexible, and available for wide range of tasks and assignments.
- Motivated self-starter, able to work independently, organized, and methodical.
- Willingness and ability to work long hours including weekends.
- Ability to spend long periods standing, walking, kneeling, bending, and stooping.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Ability to lift and carry 60 pounds.
- Quality and performance driven, seeks perfection with a keen eye for detail. Sense of urgency and solution oriented.
- Communicates well in any form of media: articulate, concise, clear, and transparent.
- Cheerful, positive, “can do attitude.” Fair, friendly, firm, compassionate, and authentic.
- Works smart, strong work ethic. Organized, proactive, focused. Smoothly manages shifting priorities. Works well individually/collectively. Meets and exceeds task deadlines.
- Intuitive, sound judgment, common sense. Curious, high integrity, responsible, collaborative.
- Fresh, forward, critical thinker. Self-aware. Embraces constant incremental improvement.
Reports to: General Manager