Effectively represent Ste. Michelle Wine Estates to distributors, brokers, importers, on and off sale trade, and consumers.
• Effectively represent Ste. Michelle Wine Estates to distributors, importers and consumers and to direct the execution of the company’s strategic business plans through assigned wholesalers.
• Effectively manage buying relationships with key accounts in order to achieve case sales and distribution objectives within budgetary guidelines in order to meet Region profit contribution objectives.
• Prepare forecasts for shipments, depletions and budgeting for all brands on an as needed basis.
• Evaluate distributor suggested price structure and brand equity investments as needed to insure the company is receiving fair share of channel profits.
• Conduct sales meetings and planning meetings for wholesaler’s sales/management staff.
• Participate in the preparation of the annual business plan for all sales, marketing, budgetary, production and communication needs necessary to meet case volume and profit contribution for the upcoming calendar year.
• Participate in consistent individual market distributor meetings to review SMWE business and provide leadership for achievement of SMWE channel goals
• Be a change agent by constantly challenging the status quo and be able to motivate yourself and your team to break down barriers to success and continually improve business processes
• Working in home office environment as well as in assigned sales territory (primarily traveling by company car).
• This position requires travel (approximately 25%), primarily within assigned sales territory.
• Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
• Ability to occasionally lift and carry cases of wine that may weigh up to 45 pounds.
• 3+ years beverage sales management experience.
• Knowledge of key trade account buyers buying and promotional practices and operational procedures.
• Strong management and leadership skills.
• In depth knowledge of wine industry (including Ste. Michelle Wine Estates portfolio, Italian wines and primary competitors) and estimated sales trends for wine and spirit categories.
• Working knowledge of wines/spirits from world’s major viticulture regions.
• Excellent presentation skills, both verbal and written.
• High level of proficiency with MS Office.
• Available for company related travel (approximately 25%).
• Able to occasionally lift up to 35 lb.
• Able to drive a company vehicle and maintain a valid driver’s license.
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred
• History of responsible use of alcohol and other appropriate conduct, as well as fitness to be licensed, permitted, and/or certified by state and/or local regulatory bodies.
Ste Michelle Wine Estates is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Ste Michelle Wine Estates is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department at 425-488-1133.