Primary responsibility will be to grow Constellation Brands share in North Carolina, Alabama and Mississippi. The role is also responsible for the planning, communication and execution of the objectives with our broker partners on and off trade, as well as achieving the company's sales and distribution objectives while being fiscally responsible and focusing on depletion P&L.
Sales planning and program development
• In partnership with the Region General Sales Manager, develop and conduct assigned broker business plan meetings, periodic team reviews, market surveys, competitive pricing surveys, and general sales meetings with broker partners and our National Accounts team.
• Provide General Sales Manager with market intelligence and recommendations for effective planning or programming.
• Execute new product launches and line extensions to match company objectives.
• Manage on and off premise business facets
• Make presentations to the NC, AL and MS state boards for spirit listings.
• Coordinate bailment spirits activities, manage bailment inventory levels, and work with CBI's bailment team to ensure no OOS on CBI spirit items in NC, AL or MS.
Execution and communication of sales objectives
• Communicate all necessary information and brand education on Constellation Brands programs, strategies and standards to broker sales team in order to achieve NSV and distribution goals
• Establish sales presence in the market and conduct regular broker market work-with's to ensure Constellation Brands' brand priority and initiatives are maintained
• Implement sales performance measures and targets using the Constellation Brands CORE brand priorities with brokers while assisting in achieving expected results
In market training and relationship development
• Develop, cultivate, and maintain strong relationships with key accounts, individual stores, and buyers. Leverage relationships to explore business opportunities throughout your assigned territory.
• Work with, coach and educate broker sales members on Constellation Brands' brand priorities and standards
• Partner with Trade Marketing to understand brand health and needs
Administration and Analysis
• Provide feedback to General Sales on market issues: opportunities, changes, distributor issues and competitive activity
• Work with Sales Operations Manager (SOM) to develop action plans for business opportunities through the use of strategic insights and as applicable leverage distributor sales data
• Conduct post-promotional analysis in conjunction with SOM (as applicable)
• Conduct and report weekly progress checks of broker performance for your assigned area
• Insure required reports are turned in timely and as necessary
JOB REQUIREMENTS *
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
• Experience in managing supplier/distributor business across an entire state
• 5 years of related spirits or wine industry experience required; keen understanding of the three-tier distribution system and preferred experience with control states.
• Retail Experience
• General Alcohol and Beverage experience
• Strong Microsoft Office skills
• Proven experience and strong abilities in educating and motivating others to manage business effectively
• Excellent communication skills; with ability to articulate effectively both verbally and in written form, and influence at all levels, gain commitment and initiate action. Must be effective through others, manages time, and prioritizes tasks. Highly motivated, results oriented individual who excels in a dynamic environment.
• Proven skills of program and budget development, implementation, management and strategic decision making
• Demonstrated ability in customer management within specific territory
Must be at least 21 years of age. Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Primarily office environment but may be exposed to a warehouse/distribution environment on a frequent basis
• Frequent travel within assigned area of business to reach 40%
• Must be able to stand, walk, sit
• Must be able to move up to 55 lbs
• Use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms
• Climb or balance stairs/ladders
• Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear
• Must have close vision, distant vision, and ability to adjust focus, peripheral vision
• Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
• Must have a valid driver's license and be able to drive a car and travel via plan/train as needed
Field Office - SC
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).
Required Education Level: