The Ruinart Brand Ambassador is responsible for leading trade and consumer trainings and tastings, as well as designing and implementing activations in-line with brand communication guidelines. The focus will be on premise and retail with high net worth consumers. They will develop and maintain relationships with wine influencers (Sommeliers, wine critics, collectors, etc.) to inspire, educate, build reputation, and grow visibility for Ruinart. The position will also be the face of Ruinart in New York; owning and driving relationships with key decision makers.
Person must be based in New York City, however this role will cover New York, Washington DC, Maryland, Delaware, Colorado and Arizona.
• Develop relationship with key accounts and retailers to maximize Ruinart visibility and ensure flawless execution of programs.
• Proactively identify and create new Ruinart accounts.
• Lead brand trainings for Sommeliers, restaurant staff including servers, and management, distributor network, and Portfolio and Champagne Specialists.
• Work with MHUSA regions to organize and implement Ruinart winemaker visits in U.S.
• Host Ruinart events including dinners, master classes, art fair tastings, etc.
• Conduct in-depth tastings in partnership with fine wine retailers and other wine amateur groups.
• Discover, infiltrate and nurture ‘Collector’ networks.
• Work with the private client team to explore opportunities and develop new business (B2B/B2C).
Support Brand Communication
• Establish and cultivate relationships with gatekeepers: star reviewers, specialized press editors, trade influencers.
• Contribute to product communication platform.
• Wine expert. Guild of Sommelier and/or WSET certification.
• 5 to 8 years experience with established network of Sommeliers in Wine and Spirits industry in the US.
• Excellent presentation and communication skills.
• Language: English fluency. Working knowledge of French a plus.
• Availability for domestic travel 30% of time; with occasional travel to France.
• Willingness to work evening hours and weekends; when needed.
• Position based in Manhattan/Metro NY.