This individual will oversee all territory management responsibilities including supervision of the Sales Consultants in their assigned territory.
• Develops an effective marketing and sales strategic plan in order to maximize wine distribution within an established or growing customer base.
• Analyzes current markets identifying strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
• Works in the market with Wine Consultants; provides suggestions on strategies to increase business.
• Provides educational programs, materials and services to the Wine Consultants.
• Conducts tastings, attends dinners and participates in trade shows as necessary.
• Works, when necessary, with the accounting department to resolve any billing issues within their designated territory.
• Responsible for staffing, staffing planning, conducting performance appraisals on direct reports, budgeting, ensuring compliance with training requirements, developing direct reports and controlling expenditures.
• Arrives to work, meetings, appointments and other work-related functions on time and as scheduled.
• Meets agreed upon goals and objectives effectively and in a timely manner.
1. Attends department and division meetings and functions as required.
2. Acts as a backup for Wine Consultants in their absence.
3. Performs other duties as assigned.
This position requires significant corporate travel by automobile or airplane with overnight stays that could include weekends.
Automobile, telephone, copier, fax machine, computer, calculator
Lifting up to 35 lbs., sitting, bending, reaching, driving, visual acuity and manual dexterity.
1. High School Diploma or GED; Additional education strongly preferred.
2. Five years of field sales/marketing experience in the fine wine industry.
3. Three years of territory management, including personnel supervision.
Experience Level Required: 4-8 Years
Education Level Required: Associate's Degree