The Lead Tasting Room Sales Associate is responsible for providing the front line guest experience by developing relationships with our customers that promote the sale of wine and brandy and develop brand loyalty. Works closely with the Tasting Room Manager to ensure that sales goals, including wine club sign-ups, are met or exceeded. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
• Ensures that all guests are greeted immediately upon entry to the tasting room and provided with experiences that will build brand loyalty.
• Communicates in a knowledgeable, professional and gracious manner to all guests in the tasting room.
• Maintains the physical setting of the tasting room to reinforce standards of the brand by ensuring that displays of wine and brandy products are attractive and well-maintained.
• ID’s guests to ensure each is of legal age to consume alcohol.
• Serves samples of wine and brandy for guests in both individual and group settings.
• Shares appropriate information and educates guests about the wines, brandy, brand history and sister wineries and lodging.
• Promotes the sale of wine and brandy products in the tasting room, pursues sales opportunities and encourages customers to purchase our brands and join the wine club.
• Accurately uses POS registers and other winery systems to transact sales and maintain tasting room inventory.
• Accurately completes end of day reports, reconciles daily sales and posts transactions.
• Demonstrates personal accountability in following all company policies and procedures.
• Performs opening and closing procedures, which include but is not limited to: setup and breakdown of tables, chairs and all items related to tasting room functions.
• Ensures the cleanliness and aesthetics of the tasting room, restrooms and porch area.
• Maintains physical inventory of merchandise items and restocks wine in the tasting room as needed.
• Contacts current and prospective customers via phone and email when tasting room is slow in order to increase wine sales and club membership.
• First-hand knowledge and appreciation of wine and wine-related topics.
• Must have strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to speak confidently on an individual and group basis.
• Retail sales and customer service experience: ability to present product, up sell and cross sell.
• Interpersonal awareness, relationship management and influencing skills.
• Computer skills: Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, social media and point-of-sale applications.
• Available weekends and occasional holidays as required and extended hours in order to complete the job.
• Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor.
• Must be able to work effectively as part of a team and maintain a positive disposition.
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
• Ability to lift/move/carry 50 pounds on a regular basis.
• Minimum of one year of industry-related experience.
• High School diploma or GED.
• Database management, social media and data entry experience a plus.
• Responsible server and food handling certificate preferred.
• Ability to ask for and close the sale.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is typically working indoors in a tasting room environment. The employee may also be required to restock wine and brandy in the tasting room from inventory storage and work in the office. Employees who hold this position may also occasionally work outdoors during special events or to maintain furniture on the porch.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. A reasonable accommodation, if available, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate, provide exceptional customer service and serve wine and/or brandy to our guests. The employee is regularly required to use hands, arms and fingers to operate a register, open and pour wine, operate standard office equipment, perform basic housekeeping duties and lift/move/carry cases and bottles of wine and/or brandy. The employee must have the ability to taste and smell and is also required to stand, move, climb stairs and walk for prolonged periods of time. The employee must be able to lift/move/carry 50 lbs. on a regular basis. The employee may be required to sit, stoop, kneel and crouch.
The requirements and/or job duties for this position may change.
Wilson Artisan Wineries is an equal opportunity employer.