Job Title: Senior Manager - Brand Homes and Direct-to-Consumer
Department: Mumm Napa/Kenwood Retail
Reports To: Director of Retail, Mumm Napa & Kenwood Vineyards
The Kenwood and Mumm Napa wineries are the Brand Homes and we aim to bring an incredible brand experience to every one of our visitors. As the Senior Manager, you will oversee the translation of brand positioning for Mumm Napa and Kenwood Vineyards to all winery related direct-to-consumer touchpoints. You will drive high impact programs to generate demand of targeted visitors, brand loyalty, and sales through on-site experiences and engaging pre/post programming. Your strategic and creative thinking combined with a savvy digital toolkit is a critical component to marrying engaging branded content with executing exceptional consumer journeys and advancing our CRM platform and digital ambitions.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
• Closely collaborate with Brand Team to bring Mumm Napa and Kenwood positioning to life in winery and DTC experiences.
• Working with the Digital team, build a strong consumer connection journey through online engagement.
• Develop, execute and track results for the annual winery direct-to-consumer marketing plans.
• Creatively craft tasting experiences and relentlessly audits consumer touchpoints across all channels to create consistent and engaging brand connections.
• Lead an A/B test and learn and data-driven marketing culture by planning thoughtful campaigns, reading results, and constantly striving for best-in-class on-brand CRM programming.
• Understand data and database structure in order to apply best practices in segmentation/RFM to target audiences by leveraging consumer purchase data to deliver relevant messaging and drive profit.
• Manage budgets to maximize the effectiveness of marketing spending to achieve profit objectives.
• Manage creative, digital, technical agency relationships.
• Conduct necessary research to retain and acquire customers as well as to increase average spend per customer.
• Interface with brand, wine club, visitor centers, events, operations/inventory teams to identify needs and develop collateral that supports respective areas business objectives.
• Create and communicates timely performance data to effectively manage the direct-to-consumer sales and retention goals.
• Develop selling materials and programs that increase consumer engagement and sales.
• Analyze sales and consumer data to track development and to ensure optimal pricing and promotions.
• Manage and develop one direct report (Associate Brand Manager)
Nature & Scope:
Position works under the direction of the Director of Retail; and closely with the Wine Club Manager, Visitor Center Manger, Brand and Digital teams. Typically works with multiple members of the wineries including, but not limited to, Winemaking, Operations, and Finance. Communication can include sensitive information requiring complete confidentiality and discretion in dealings and contacts. Decisions impact the group and organization as a whole.
• Bachelor’s degree, MA or MBA highly preferred
Experience / Background
• 6-10 years marketing experience delivering highly successful consumer demand and growth strategies, e-commerce and digital marketing experience required
• 5+ years wine industry experience preferred
• Program and project management: you are highly organized with the ability to take multiple projects from concept through execution, accompanied by the ability to prioritize projects.
• Comfort with data and excellent analytical skills: you can get the data you need and turn it into an insightful story. You know how to leverage data to make decisions and drive growth. SQL or SAS programming will set you apart from other candidates. Use of Tableau to build KPI dashboards for marketing results, is also a strong differentiator.
• Digital toolkit: you’re savvy in email marketing platforms, have experience using Salesforce Marketing Cloud; understand tag management, retargeting strategies, Facebook ad media buys; have used CMS tools to manage website content and e-commerce platforms.
• Excellent email skills: you possess the ability to run and iterate on highly effective automated email marketing campaigns.
• Lead generation: you can devise effective programs to generate qualified leads for your product.
• Creativity: you are extremely creative, inspire idea generation and can execute on your ideas.
• Communication skills: you are strong at articulating the essence of products and the value they create. You can create meaningful messaging and create content. You’re also not afraid to be a copywriter from time-to-time.
• People management: the ability and desire to lead, support and develop direct reports.
• Convivial: You’re a great collaborator and create strong cross-functional teams to garner support for important initiatives.
• Passionate: You possess a true passion for wine and marketing. Marrying the two is your dream job.
• Flexibility: Willingness to work at the Mumm Napa and Kenwood Vineyards site.
Who are we?
Pernod Ricard USA is the premium spirits and wine company in the U.S. The company's leading spirits and wines include such prestigious brands as ABSOLUT® Vodka, Chivas Regal® Scotch Whisky, The Glenlivet® Single Malt Scotch Whisky, Jameson® Irish Whiskey, Malibu®, Kahlúa® Liqueur, Beefeater® Gin, and Avión™ Tequila (through a joint venture with Tequila Avión); such superior wines as Jacob's Creek® and Brancott Estate®; and such exquisite champagnes and sparkling wines as Perrier-Jouët