Sales Representative - San Francisco
San Francisco, CA
Chambers & Chambers Wine Merchants is a fine wine and specialty spirit distributor celebrating forty-five years of successful operations in California and Hawaii. The company is family owned and represents family owned wineries with a view to sustainability and hands-off winemaking.
We are looking for an experienced, dynamic and accomplished wine sales representative, preferably with knowledge of, and/or relationships with, restaurants and retail accounts in the San Francisco market. The position available is full time and requires a confident, self-motivated sales representative who has the ability to expand and develop the account base. The territory available is well developed and includes retail, fine dining as well as neighborhood restaurants.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Build and maintain buyer relationships at high profile and top volume retail and on-premise accounts.
• Willingness and ability to work weekends and evenings as needed.
• Grow sales placements/distribution and grow sales within each account.
• Seek out new accounts and opportunities.
• Identify sales opportunities, challenges, and solutions.
• Communicate quickly and concisely about the constantly shifting marketplace.
• Commit to same day responses to customer and company communications.
• Methodically follow up any issues, all presentations, and every opportunity.
• Execute and support supplier and company ride-with’s, tasting events, and promotions.
• Educate customers about the portfolio’s wines and categories for sales and sell through.
• Report weekly activity to reach goals and build sales.
• Participate in our quarterly meetings and monthly team meetings
• Own the job! Be professional, match the caliber of our wines, and be yourself.
• Minimum 3 years of fine wine sales experience with a demonstrated record of performance in the region.
• Proven sales ability, key account contacts with proven interpersonal and leadership skills with buyers.
• Experience in selling wines from the world’s top wine regions.
• Demonstrable, professional fine wine knowledge.
• Strong analytical, written, and verbal skills with ease with excel and word documents.
• Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
• Valid driver’s license in good standing.
• Ability to lift 40 lbs. case of wine.
The company offers a competitive compensation package commensurate with industry standards if not beyond. Qualified candidates should submit their resume. Only qualified candidates meeting the criteria will be contacted.