Priest Ranch Tasting Room Wine Specialist
Are you passionate about wine, know how to provide world-class customer service and make the sale? We would like to talk to you!
The Priest Ranch Tasting Room in downtown Yountville is a boutique estate winery that features wines from the Somerston Estate in Saint Helena. The estate is comprised of two historic Napa Valley properties -- Priest Ranch and Elder Valley. The Somerston Estate has over 1600 acres with 215 acres of vineyards. We produce estate grown, produced and bottled wines under both the Somerston and Priest Ranch labels. Priest Ranch wines showcase the diversity of the estate and are made from many different blocks. Somerston wines are from specific single blocks and focus on the best vineyard sites. In addition to offering a traditional tasting room experience in Yountville, tastings at the Somerston Estate are offered daily, providing customers with one of the most unique experiences in Napa Valley.
• Create memorable customer experiences at every touch point
• Accurately and consistently describe and promote Priest Ranch and Somerston Estates wines in order to exceed monthly sales and Wine Club objectives while providing excellent customer service
• Provide and ensure responsible beverage service
• Business development and networking; drive traffic and increase sales.
• Successfully execute the company’s service standards
• Be a passionate brand advocate
• Develop long term customer relationships both in person and over the phone
• Daily operations in the Yountville tasting room (opening, closing, inventory, cleaning, stocking wines, opening and evaluating wines and general up-keep)
This individual should have a strong knowledge of wine, be highly intuitive, have the ability and talent to sell to multiple business levels of clients, know when to nurture and close a sale, enjoy working in a small, diverse, yet growing business, and show willingness to take personal responsibility for completing tasks and goals. This position will require clear written and verbal communication skills in addition to excellent social skills and the ability to think on your feet.
• Previous Tasting Room/ Wine Education required
• Ability to create a best in class and positively memorable experience for our customers.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, POS, and Vin65 or equivalent a plus
• Excellent communication, customer service and interpersonal skills
• Flexibility to work different schedules/hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays
• Maintain a positive work environment
• Strategic thinking – the ability to identify new opportunities to grow the business
• Work cross-functionally with key stakeholders, including ownership, operations, winemaking and marketing
• Must be 21 years of age and be able to lift and carry 48 pounds
• Standing most of the day
• Maintain a valid driver’s license