Sonoma County Winegrape Commission is searching for an experienced, energetic, creative, resourceful, and efficient Marketing Coordinator to join their team.
In 2014, Sonoma County Winegrowers (SCW)made an unprecedented commitment to be the first wine region in the United States that is 100% certified sustainable in its farming. This goal garnered global media, trade and consumer attention and propelled Sonoma County farmers into a global leadership role in sustainable farming and agriculture preservation. With this commitment, the Sonoma County Winegrowers and Sonoma County wine region brand and marketing efforts continue to evolve. Sonoma County Winegrowers is seeking an innovative and energetic marketing coordinator. This person must love agriculture, family business and wine and believe in the long-term value of preserving our local farms in the community.
Join a fast-paced trade association that feels like a family business. No job is too big or too small for our dynamic team that passionately educates, communicates and markets on behalf of the 1800 grape growers and vineyard owners in Sonoma and Marin Counties.
The Marketing Coordinator role will provide marketing, operations and administrative support for the Sonoma County Winegrape Commission initiatives and activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Marketing & Public Relations:
* Update website with relevant content and manage organizational wide calendar of important events and meetings.
* Research competitive wine regions and curate analysis via reports and presentations
* Support social media planning, execution and reporting
* PR support and media coverage clip tracking in Vocus & online searches
* Write and coordinate SCW weekly and designated eblast communications
* Support creation of VineTimes Newsletter (six times a year)
* Manage photo database
* Create market trends report for President and Marketing Committee
* Sustainability initiative support through the development of marketing and educational tools
* Work with wineries to select, collect wine and ship for marketing events
* Support partnership with Sonoma County Vintners and Sonoma County Tourism on shared marketing efforts to the trade
* Support key marketing events such as Somm Camp, Sustainability Camp, Grape Camp and Sonoma in the City
* Support Vineyard Adventures Marketing program
* Support Guild of Somms education
* Support local community sponsorships (Gravenstein Apple Fair, Harvest Fair etc.)
* Support partnership with Sonoma County Farm Bureau and other local organizations to provide teachers and youth educational opportunities on agriculture and grape growing
* General support to the Director of Marketing & PR, Education and Communications Manager and Marketing Committee as needed
Operations & Administrative:
* Event assistance for grower programs and marketing events as needed
* Provide assistance for Grape Marketplace
* Data entry and database assistance
* Handle general website and phone inquiries
* General support as needed
Required Qualifications and Experience:
* Excellent project management skills and attention to detail
* Marketing experience required
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment and manage multiple priorities while maintaining a positive attitude.
* Strong relationship building and communication skills
* Proven track record of taking initiative and driving results
* Strong writing skills required with professional copy writing and editing experience a plus
* Exposure and familiarity to Social Media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
* Ability to create visually appealing reports in PowerPoint, Excel, or other tools
* Desire to develop and broaden marketing and communications skills
* Demonstrated experience with metrics and reporting results
* Ability to read and summarize material and the ability to write clear, concise and compelling reports
* Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university with academic course work in a relevant discipline (i.e., marketing, communications, journalism, public information, business administration or other closely related fields of study) and a minimum of five years of related professional experience.
Other Desired Skills, Abilities and Knowledge:
* Knowledge and passion for agriculture, grape growing and/or wine
* Excellent English language communication skills
* Positive attitude and tenacious
* Ability to multi-task in a calm, collective and confident manner
* Resourceful, solutions-oriented ability to handle changing priorities
* Self-starter who can manage projects and program independently
* An outgoing personality accustomed to proactive communications with management, staff and key partners
* A creative thinker and follower of all things related to wine
* Strong attention to detail
* Proofreading skills for accuracy
* Time management skills and ability to complete tasks and projects on time
* Excellent interpersonal skills required in cooperative programs across organizations
* Command of Microsoft Office programs