Davis Estates is seeking a professional wine educator to join our dynamic team. As we position ourselves for growth in 2019 we need a can-do educator that understands how to provide exceptional hospitality and memorable guest experience’s. We offer our guest a variety of experience options that include seated tastings, chef paired food and wine tastings, in-depth tours and tastings as well as our ultimate VIP experience.
Guest Experience – 75%
• Greeting visitors as they arrive on the property with a warm and inviting approach.
• Effectively selling our wines through engagement and development of relationships with our guest.
• Conducting each sale from bottle to delivery. This means overseeing the entire sales process including managing any issue that may arise.
• Acting as an ambassador for the entire Napa region, by developing knowledge of other wineries, local restaurants and experiences that our guest would request recommendations of.
• Anticipate guest needs and find ways to exceed guest expectations.
• Hosting educational tastings for all guest including Club Members, Trade and VIP’s from 1-40 people. Providing property tours.
• A friendly and sincere reception and farewell, using guest names when possible.
• Providing a clear presentation of the Wine Club features and benefits to our guest.
Operational Support – 25%
• Booking guest experiences via phone and email with accuracy and in a timely professional manner.
• Updating our POS with correct information and tracking customer shipments.
• Follow and execute on the opening and closing procedures.
• Maintaining wine inventory and organization within the Wine Storage Room and Tasting Room.
• Set up and breakdown of the glassware, plates, water and proper marketing materials.
• Bussing guest tables, buffing glassware and restocking materials as required.
What does it take to be considered for this position?
• 2-3 years of experience in a proven wine sales/hospitality/events environment, preferably within the luxury brands market.
• Strong preference for individuals with wine credentials ie. Certified Sommelier, WSET Level 2, CSW
• Strong passion and knowledge of the relationship of wine and food and how to describe it to the guest.
• Proven sales track record with a strong ability to work within a small team environment.
• Genuine passion for building relationships with people, both guest and fellow team members.
• A willingness to help where help is needed.
• Working knowledge of POS programs, Preferable ECellars
• Excellent communication skills, both over the phone, in person and written.
• A person that understands that details matter and pays close attention to managing the details of guest experience.
• Ability to speak in front of large groups with confidence and clarity.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to obtain and keep a food handlers card.
• Honesty, Approachability and Integrity
• Ability to lift 50 pounds
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends(required) and evenings on occasion.
• Must be able to talk, hear, touch, taste, smell and read.
• Ability to stoop, bend, sit, reach, climb, kneel, stand and walk for extended periods of time.
• A valid California driver’s license with clean driving record.