The primary purpose of this position is to assist with managing all aspects of concierge operations and to provide complete backup for the Chief Concierge should they be out of the office. This position will split time between concierge and tasting room operations. This position will also support the tasting room as a lead wine educator and sales professional.
This is a full time position, with excellent benefits including medical, dental and 401K. Working weekends and holidays will be required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects the essential functions for this position but is not all-inclusive. Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
• Works with Chief Concierge to manage the hospitality calendar.
• Answers Email and Phone requests.
• Books in wine tasting experiences as well as other winery specific events.
• Manages calendar conflicts and communicates with the team.
• Works directly with Chief Concierge and the Tasting Room Manager under the Director of Hospitality & Retail Sales to insure that all events and wine tasting experiences are properly staffed.
• Helps to manage Cellar Pass in the booking, blocking and calendaring of events.
• Corresponds with clients to arrange specific wine tasting experiences.
• Insures that all tasting experiences are properly set up and that they meet Dry Creek Vineyards level of excellence.
• Follows up with customers and trade as needed.
• Works closely with the Winemaker and Cellar Master to insure that production and hospitality do not overlap.
• Works closely with industry and trade professionals in organizing tastings and events.
• Works closely with local hotels and B&B’s on guest experiences.
• Conducts off site wine tastings to drive business to Dry Creek Vineyard.
• Sells wine.
• Collects and records guest contact information.
• Answers inquiries, offers suggestions and provides information regarding our property, special events and local attractions.
• Responds to guest inquiries and concerns promptly and with courtesy.
• Keeps informed with ABC regulation and adhering to established policies and procedures.
• Conducts guided tours as needed.
• Represent winery at outside functions as needed.
DAILY OPERATIONS (60%)
• Ensures the smooth daily hospitality and sales operations. Including but not limited to; maintaining effective and appropriate guest communication, successfully managing traffic flow throughout the day, overseeing that guests are being engaged and entertained, maintaining responsible hospitality in regard to alcohol, and helping guests with their purchases.
• Is a sales leader.
• Performs opening and closing duties as needed.
• Operates point of sale system.
• Assists with display and stocking of retail items and wines as needed.
• Assists with the general well being and upkeep of the retail sales space.
• Assists with hospitality special events as needed.
• Acquires and maintains thorough knowledge of winery and its wines
• Excellent customer service and sales skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent presentation skills
• Ability to manage priorities and workflow
• Professional appearance and demeanor
• Able to apply a “5 star” standard of service to our guest experience
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
• Demonstrated ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages
• Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
• Understand and respond to a diverse population
• Minimum 3 years wine industry experience
• Above average knowledge of wines and wine production
• Ability to lead special tasting programs and speak knowledgeably about Dry Creek Vineyard and its wines
• Proficiency in POS systems and CRM Software
• Proficient in MS Excel, Outlook, and Word
• Ability to lift 40 lbs repeatedly (cases of wine) and stand for extended periods
• Must be 21 years of age or older
• Valid unrestricted USA Driver's License with an acceptable driving record (no major violations)
Established in 1972, Dry Creek Vineyard is Dry Creek Valley’s flagship winery located in the heart of Sonoma County, California. As the region’s first new winery following Prohibition, founder David Stare paved the way for a viticultural rebirth in this vibrant winegrowing appellation. Among other industry benchmarks, Dry Creek Vineyard is recognized as the first winery to plant Sauvignon Blanc in the Dry Creek Valley. A pioneer of Bordeaux-style blending, the winery was also the first to use the term Meritage with the 1985 vintage and the first to coin the term “Old Vine” to describe pre-Prohibition era Zinfandel vineyards.
This premier, family-owned winery is led by the second generation. Dave’s daughter, Kim Stare Wallace, serves as President overseeing a successful family winemaking and grape growing business that includes 185 acres of sustainably farmed vineyards. The winery is also 100% Certified Sustainable. Dry Creek Vineyard proudly produces delicious Dry Chenin Blanc, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Zinfandel, Cabernet Sauvignon and Meritage blends as well as a portfolio of single vineyard selections.