Three Brothers Wineries and Estates (Geneva, NY) is seeking a highly motivated, professional individual to fulfill the position of Head Winemaker. The candidate will be working directly with the Production Manager to craft our diversified wine portfolio and to grow our wine program. As the Head Winemaker, the candidate should be prepared to participate in and have passion for all aspects of winemaking.
Job duties include:
• Process and analyze wine juice and vineyard samples
• Responsible for reoccurring wine maintenance through lab analysis
• Evaluate current quality control standards and protocols
• Manage and document QC standards and processes
• Oversee and monitor fermentation from start to finish
• Collaborate with the Production Manager and Owners to perform bench trials and create and evaluate the finished wine before it’s bottled.
• Provide innovative suggestions for our winemaking program.
• Oversee packaging of wine products.
This is a great opportunity for someone seeking to work for a 25-30k case winery and gain experience making a wide array of wines in the Finger Lakes region of New York State. Qualified candidates should also possess the following:
- 5+ years winemaking experience.
- Degree in Enology.
- Ability to work independently and be a problem solver.
- Ability to work long hours and weekends if necessary in order to get the job done.
- Ability to work in hot/cold temperature environments and lift 50+ lbs.
Salary commensurate with experience. Range $50-$70k, a comprehensive benefits package.
At Three Brothers Wineries, our philosophy as employers is to maintain a creative, team-oriented work environment where collaboration across departments is encouraged. The right candidate for the job will demonstrate a positive attitude, a strong work ethic and excitement for what our business is doing in the craft beverage industry.
To apply, please send your resume to Erica@3brotherswinery.com along with at least 3 professional references. We are seeking to fill this position immediately and will be screening candidates weekly.